Illinois fish stores

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going up to chicago area tomorrow from southern illinois. Any saltwater stores worth visiting up there or on the way via i55?

OneSockERock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few out in my neck of the western burbs if you got the time for a detour. I think they all only have afternoon hours on Wednesdays so check ahead.

Blue Line Coral in Naperville is my go to LFS. Kinda far from I55 though - it's on the north side by I88. I'd say it's worth it if you got the time to kill.

Gingerbread Tropical Fish and Coral also in Naperville but on the south side (closer to I55)

Reef Design Naperville at rt 59 & I88. Closed on Wednesdays though.

Reef Plus in North Aurora

Reefwise in Lisle - been switching owners over the past year, not sure how it is now.

Heard great things about Aqua Pros in Glen Ellyn, haven't been yet though. Also closed on Wednesdays.

JonChicago

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been to Reefwise during the switching of owners, was hit or miss but last time I went I was pretty impressed with everything. They have a huge frag tank, probably over 50 ft long I'd guess. Reefwise is small but had good quality stuff and good prices. Everything I've bought from there is doing great in my Tank. Haven't been to any of the others that were listed so can't speak on them.

OP
OP
M

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few out in my neck of the western burbs if you got the time for a detour. I think they all only have afternoon hours on Wednesdays so check ahead.

Blue Line Coral in Naperville is my go to LFS. Kinda far from I55 though - it's on the north side by I88. I'd say it's worth it if you got the time to kill.

Gingerbread Tropical Fish and Coral also in Naperville but on the south side (closer to I55)

Reef Design Naperville at rt 59 & I88. Closed on Wednesdays though.

Reef Plus in North Aurora

Reefwise in Lisle - been switching owners over the past year, not sure how it is now.

Heard great things about Aqua Pros in Glen Ellyn, haven't been yet though. Also closed on Wednesdays.
Thanks so much!

OP
OP
M

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been to Reefwise during the switching of owners, was hit or miss but last time I went I was pretty impressed with everything. They have a huge frag tank, probably over 50 ft long I'd guess. Reefwise is small but had good quality stuff and good prices. Everything I've bought from there is doing great in my Tank. Haven't been to any of the others that were listed so can't speak on them.
Thank you!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 98 76.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back