OP
OP
C

crazytai21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a power head in the skimmer section of the sump to stir up detritus. I added a carbon bag and I think it starved my chaeto. So I ended up removing it. But everything and fish are doing fine. Going to hold off a bit on adding more corals and fish. Anyways I’m done as far as equipment goes. I think lol.

Attachments

• IMG_4027.jpeg
    IMG_4027.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4025.jpeg
    IMG_4025.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4023.jpeg
    IMG_4023.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
C

crazytai21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
disaster hit today. Came home from work and my return pump was off. Cause the skimmer to overflow over and over into the sump. Decided to an auto aqua sensor for skimmer. Hopefully I can figure out why my return pump stop working

OP
OP
C

crazytai21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up going with autoaqua skimmer security. Tested and worked like champ twice!!! Hopefully no more overflowing issue when the pump shuts off. Also the aquamaxx skimmer have finally broke in and is a lot more quiet. Then I tackle the dreaded cords. Still looks like a mess but at least all the controller and power supply.

Attachments

• IMG_4056.jpeg
    IMG_4056.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4055.jpeg
    IMG_4055.jpeg
    274.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4057.jpeg
    IMG_4057.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 14

areefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along! I have the same tank and some of the equipment. Loving the form factor of the tank.

You're already ahead of me with the fish and coral. I've been taking it slow. Only have a couple of clowns, a flasher wrasse and royal gramma. No corals yet. I've setup a small QT tank for the coral. Glad that I did, I have already killed some aptasia on a frag in the QT.

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up going with autoaqua skimmer security. Tested and worked like champ twice!!! Hopefully no more overflowing issue when the pump shuts off. Also the aquamaxx skimmer have finally broke in and is a lot more quiet. Then I tackle the dreaded cords. Still looks like a mess but at least all the controller and power supply.
I see you have a ecotech wave and a few of something else. AI’s? How’s the flow? I’ve had a single MP40 on mine and just got another to add to the opp side for the back instead of doh middle only. Just waiting on the guard to come bevor installing due to little exploring arms. Ok big now. But it’s the only guard I see that has smallest holes. Will have to experiment for waves from same side or opposites to create a vortex etc…but my thought is vortex flow.

OP
OP
C

crazytai21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along! I have the same tank and some of the equipment. Loving the form factor of the tank.

You're already ahead of me with the fish and coral. I've been taking it slow. Only have a couple of clowns, a flasher wrasse and royal gramma. No corals yet. I've setup a small QT tank for the coral. Glad that I did, I have already killed some aptasia on a frag in the QT.
Nice n

nice setup, how are you liking the Fiji sump? I ended up building a mesh net for the chaeto to keep in the Refugium compartment. Are the blades worth it?

OP
OP
C

crazytai21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you have a ecotech wave and a few of something else. AI’s? How’s the flow? I’ve had a single MP40 on mine and just got another to add to the opp side for the back instead of doh middle only. Just waiting on the guard to come bevor installing due to little exploring arms. Ok big now. But it’s the only guard I see that has smallest holes. Will have to experiment for waves from same side or opposites to create a vortex etc…but my thought is vortex flow.
I have a MP40 with an anemone guard running at 18% and AI Nero 5. I bought used Nero and the cord rip and didn’t want to spend that kind of money for MP40. Running reef mode on both. Flow is nice would like to add gyre but not needing it at the moment.

areefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice n

nice setup, how are you liking the Fiji sump? I ended up building a mesh net for the chaeto to keep in the Refugium compartment. Are the blades worth it?

So far so good with the sump. I just have rubble in the refugium section for now. I'll eventual add chaeto. I like the blades. I have them resting on the tank for a clean look and no light spillage. I'll see how corals grow with them when I get around to adding them in a couple of weeks.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 54 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back