I'm a daddy

foxhuntr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this pair of benji cardinal's for along time now and the bred about6 times but could not ever get to the babies in time....well this time i got them....he had about 25 of them in his mouth and spit them out last night after the lights went off....but i got them this time......check it out ...perfect replica's of the parents....just thought i would share....
027.jpg

026.jpg

025.jpg

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! I was thinking about trying to breed cardinals...
Looks like it worked out well for you!

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats!! With mouth brooders, what do you have to feed once they finally realease their offpsring? I'm assuming you don't have to start a rotifer culture because they're larger than other newborn fish, but what will they eat?

OP
OP
foxhuntr

foxhuntr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i have 3 tangs in my reff with them and they always end up getting eaten.....but it took me 3 hours of searching with a flashlight and a net to gather all of them up....but it was worth it.....they are always breeding but never got to them in time before they got munched by the tangs...i couldnt believe he had this many in his mouth....

OP
OP
foxhuntr

foxhuntr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i feed mine baby brine and mysis that i run thru the blender to make it small enough for them......they will take the mysis before blending but they will choke themselves and die....nobody ever said they were very smart ....LOL

the_fish_man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i feed mine baby brine and mysis that i run thru the blender to make it small enough for them......they will take the mysis before blending but they will choke themselves and die....nobody ever said they were very smart ....lol
lol!

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 37 36.6%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 54 53.5%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 4.0%
Back