I'm finally THERE!!

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMGNGNGMGMGMFHDJFJJF I'M SO HAPPY FINALLY SEEING NATURAL OCEAN CREATURES AFTER YEARS
20240509_113225.jpg
20240509_113456.jpg
20240509_113310.jpg
i honestly think that I'm bringing too much live things so should I make another tank on they can go to my reef tank?
Yes I know about parasites but I don't care, I'm switching to a natural tank, but the mix on reef and cold doesn't look good, and i think it can make issues in my tank, also my tank is a 6 gallons with no fish or corals/anemones only live rock and crabs and other hitchhikers

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMGNGNGMGMGMFHDJFJJF I'M SO HAPPY FINALLY SEEING NATURAL OCEAN CREATURES AFTER YEARS
20240509_113225.jpg
20240509_113456.jpg
20240509_113310.jpg
i honestly think that I'm bringing too much live things so should I make another tank on they can go to my reef tank?
Yes I know about parasites but I don't care, I'm switching to a natural tank, but the mix on reef and cold doesn't look good, and i think it can make issues in my tank, also my tank is a 6 gallons with no fish or corals/anemones only live rock and crabs and other hitchhikers
Cold and warm critters won't mix well. The warm will suffer if you keep the tank cold and vice versa.

OP
OP
littlehermit0

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cold and warm critters won't mix well. The warm will suffer if you keep the tank cold and vice versa.
20240509_174346.jpg
True, not only it will save the animals life but it looks good! Only beadlet anemones will go in the reef tank

BUT I discovered that in the low tides the water is really warm, so I'll see what I can do

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If kept in aquariums you should use a chiller to keep it cool. I see you are from France your waters will be a couple of degrees warmer than other places. Sea weeds struggle in higher temperatures . Fish struggle in warm water
If you spend money get a chiller for your tank before putting things in it . I have done native tanks for 2 years and I have found out what works and what doesn’t

OP
OP
littlehermit0

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No no no wait I meant like it will be better than a torture in warm water, I know that's bad but at least I take care not like 6 years ago I had a Betta in a small jar with tap water, by the way I forgot food for them will they just catch some planktons or that stuff like pods or something? No food for 3 days by the way
But Here's what I got:
Small crab
Alot of snails (CUC)
Anemones most importantly
Plants, and they release so much oxygen
Live rock with coralline and some good hitchhikers like isopods, copepods and barnacles
20240509_224034.jpg
20240509_224026.jpg

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No no no wait I meant like it will be better than a torture in warm water, I know that's bad but at least I take care not like 6 years ago I had a Betta in a small jar with tap water, by the way I forgot food for them will they just catch some planktons or that stuff like pods or something? No food for 3 days by the way
But Here's what I got:
Small crab
Alot of snails (CUC)
Anemones most importantly
Plants, and they release so much oxygen
Live rock with coralline and some good hitchhikers like isopods, copepods and barnacles
20240509_224034.jpg
20240509_224026.jpg
Yeah, that looks like a fine setup.

OP
OP
littlehermit0

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that looks like a fine setup.
It's temporary anyway it will be way bigger, but there's some chances that It will be like that, I naturally found them in puddles of saltwater not moving, full of algae and I like to make their habitat more natural looking, so basically where I found them, what about the food will they survive 3 days no food?

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's temporary anyway it will be way bigger, but there's some chances that It will be like that, I naturally found them in puddles of saltwater not moving, full of algae and I like to make their habitat more natural looking, so basically where I found them, what about the food will they survive 3 days no food?
I would think so. You don't have any mysis shrimp?

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to stay civil, and not really speak my mind.

But I will say, you shouldn't just take live creatures and live rock from their natural habitat. There is no way this is legal, and you should feel bad for what you did.

OP
OP
littlehermit0

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

But I will say, you shouldn't just take live creatures and live rock from their natural habitat. There is no way this is legal, and you should feel bad for what you did.
Chill out there I only came for the beadlet anemones I didn't know there would be so much things but I already posted a thread a few months ago about this so I know what I'm doing and I've been waiting for years to do this

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I disagree. Many places allow collection of many different species, Florida for example, but there are rules. And even if they were broken- I wouldn't feel bad about it. This person is soo excited to cherish these few little critters; morally, i see no harm.

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I disagree. Many places allow collection of many different species, Florida for example, but there are rules. And even if they were broken- I wouldn't feel bad about it. This person is soo excited to cherish these few little critters; morally, i see no harm.
Shrug. I voiced my opinion to which I'm entitled. Imagine if everyone who had a desire decided to just take what they want. The outcome is scary. Plus, the OP obviously doesn't care if it's ok or not:
No idea but it's really easy to take them without anyone knowing cuz it's a 5 hour ride to my home, probably legal there
That type of response is what I was reacting to.

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chill out there I only came for the beadlet anemones I didn't know there would be so much things but I already posted a thread a few months ago about this so I know what I'm doing and I've been waiting for years to do this
Nah, no thanks. I don't want to "chill out" but you be you and take what you can bc "it's easy".

OP
OP
littlehermit0

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shrug. I voiced my opinion to which I'm entitled. Imagine if everyone who had a desire decided to just take what they want. The outcome is scary. Plus, the OP obviously doesn't care if it's ok or not:

That type of response is what I was reacting to.
I care Alot about the tank I just ignore if it's legal or not, what do you want me to go to prison? Cold water tank is illegal but warm not?
Look what @Nano_Man did

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I care Alot about the tank I just ignore if it's legal or not, what do you want me to go to prison? Cold water tank is illegal but warm not?
Look what @Nano_Man did
what did I do
More information needed

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 52 20.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 190 73.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.6%
Back