In memory of my 180

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's some pics of our 180 from around Feb 2007. We're breaking it down in the next few weeks, since we moved to a smaller place and have no room for a display tank.
Can't really give all the tech details cause I don't handle that end. ;p

Its a 180 peninsula, has the Sunlight supply Tripod with 3: 14k 250 double ended HQI Phoenix bulbs and 4 actinic T5's. Has two returns, with one pump routed outside to the chiller and the other pump from the sump. For additional flow we have 2: tunze 680 or something. lol A 2.75' euroreef skimmer for filtration and a phosphate reactor for additional nutrient removal. We dose about 200 ml of a 3 part additive each morning. I feed the fish about 3-4 x per day, various types of frozen food and pellet. Never the same thing all the time. Occasional dosing of live phyto. Other than that no bs additives or unnecessary junk.

Listing corals would go on forever, so I'll skip that.

Fish: Peppermint hog, lubbock's wrasse, bali swiss guard, chevron tang, chocolate mimic tang(rare morph), hippo tang, 12 blue eye and blue side cardinals, 1 bangai, 2 skunk clowns, 2 false percs.

Lost most of my acros after these pictures were taken during a tank transfer, but most other things I still have.

180.jpg

again.jpg

P1010094.jpg

P1010110.jpg

gibsquamossa.jpg

blueanthelia.jpg

formosa.jpg

grnacro.jpg

redmilleblueturaki.jpg

pinklord.jpg

OP
OP
Reef Goddess

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
new setup

Since everyone keeps asking, no we're not getting out of the hobby. Here's some pics of my husband's "top secret" fish room. I may get killed for this. Lol
Let the growing begin!

proptank001.jpg

proptank002.jpg

proptank003.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 95 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back