Inexpensive lights recommendation

Thorne19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I am new to the hobby and looking for recommendations. I have a tank that measures 36x20 and is 22 tall. I am looking to grow soft corals and possibly hard later on down the road. I am looking to see what lights are best for cheap. I am looking to spend 200-300 dollars US. I know this is less than ideal but wanted to see if anyone else has had good success with cheaper lights and a similar size tank. Thank you!

YaboiNathan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got a redsea reefled90 for sale for cheap, let me know if u need

Attachments

• IMG_3498.jpeg
    IMG_3498.jpeg
    391.9 KB · Views: 3

bradreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
smarfarm
aliexpress led bar
noopsyche
vipar spectra

some good black box/off brand lights in no particular order. the noops are probably the better ones off this list
100% this recommendation. Or used. I am seeing a lot of people getting out of the hobby lately. Also, the t5 fixtures will grow anything.

Fungusamongus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my Noopsyche K7 pro. Good lights for my 4 ft tank.
Lots of high end lights go up for sale in marketplace. You can also check out Offer Up for lights and other gear as well.

Peair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I am new to the hobby and looking for recommendations. I have a tank that measures 36x20 and is 22 tall. I am looking to grow soft corals and possibly hard later on down the road. I am looking to see what lights are best for cheap. I am looking to spend 200-300 dollars US. I know this is less than ideal but wanted to see if anyone else has had good success with cheaper lights and a similar size tank. Thank you!
Try the Maxspect Jump 60W Blue 2nd edition, it has a nice adjustable spectrum and schedule, and it has a better updated app, you can use their recommendation for spectrum and schedule, and when you get the hang of the app you can set your own, they regularly run about 279.00, but they are on sale a lot for under 200.00, nice lamp and has good coverage.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since nobody mentioned Nicrew..
Slightly over budget.
200 total watts for your 65gal-ish aquarium.
All are about the same $/watt price AFAICT.
For $250-ish you can downgrade to 2 50W-ers and consider adding on later. They are daisy chain-able.
nicrew2x100.JPG

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try these.....I have the bigger version. Cant be beat.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 each of the Hipargero 100 watt. They are $180. each. You could probably do with just 1 but it is an excellent light. I have soft corals, a few LPS, and 1 SPS. So far at least all are very healthy and happy. Oh, I also have a very happy RBBTA

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 46 27.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back