Innovative Marine Ghost Skimmer (Midsize)

Alaeriel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! New to reefing (and aquaria in general), I picked up this skimmer secondhand and it looks to be in good condition, I found the manual online and the installation instructions are for NUVO aquaria, which I don't have. I've got a 20 gallon high tank with no sump or partitions. Can I install this in the main display or will the live rock, 2" sand bed, and HOB filter be sufficient with weekly 5 gallon water changes? Once cycled, fish will be a single firefish goby and a tuxedo urchin.
If it is advisable to use the skimmer, can someone provide advice on how it actually plugs in and attaches? I've never used equipment like this before and would rather not break it from inexperience :3

20200825_112114.jpg Screenshot_20200826-165037_Drive.jpg

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never used that skimmer, but if you have a way of Mounting it inside the tank then I don’t see any harm in running it. What are you housing in your tank?

OP
OP
Alaeriel

Alaeriel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never used that skimmer, but if you have a way of Mounting it inside the tank then I don’t see any harm in running it. What are you housing in your tank?
It has suction cups on the pump on the underside that clips in, but it looks like it would end up below the water level. I don't have anything currently in the tank (mixing my first batch of water and waiting for the epoxy to dry on the aquascape, so it'll be a while before I can get the firefish goby

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t worry about running it for a bit, but if you do, glue a magnet to it so you can have it on the glass. Octo aquatics sells encased magnets.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 5.6%
Back