Installing your new Neptune ATK! | BRStv How-To

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the siphon break fitting and what does it do? I didn't see this in the video. If my FW top-off reservoir sits above the sump will water siphon through the PMUP to the sump?

schooncw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input Randy. I have to do a bit more research and I am sure both products are great! One concern I have is that when I put the tank in feed mode, the level in my sump rises quite a bit, so am I going to have to deal with alarms every time I feed my fish? Can you address this for me?
Thanks.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this problem with my Tunze but the Apex turns it off during feed mode--so no annoying alarm. With the new COR pump coming out, the return pump will run at a minimum to keep a lot of water from backing into the sump.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the siphon break fitting and what does it do? I didn't see this in the video. If my FW top-off reservoir sits above the sump will water siphon through the PMUP to the sump?

Exactly, the pump itself will not stop a siphon so if your reservoir is higher than your sump (or where your ATO output is) then it can create a siphon. The fitting has a small hole drilled into it that will allow air to enter the line after the pump is on, so it will break the siphon after the pump is off. :)

Thanks for the input Randy. I have to do a bit more research and I am sure both products are great! One concern I have is that when I put the tank in feed mode, the level in my sump rises quite a bit, so am I going to have to deal with alarms every time I feed my fish? Can you address this for me?
Thanks.

There's definitely some programming you can add to stop an alarm from triggering during a water change or feeding, if you are using it with an Apex. It may already program it for you when you first install it, but you can add a "Feed" statement afterwards if not.

In standalone mode, without an Apex, this may not be an option so you could hear a high water level alarm after a certain period of time. In this case, I would unplug the ATO during the feed mode or water change much like I did when I had no Apex and a Tunze 3155. :)

-Randy

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy, another question aboout the ATK, how long is the cord to the power supply?

Just measured the one we have here and the cord is right around 58" long. :)

It is my understanding that you can turn off the audible alarm with the Tunze. Is this NOT the case with ATK stand alone?

Hmm.. you may be able to disconnect the buzzer cord on the inside of the Tunze 3155, but I haven't seen anything from them directly that recommends this. Personally I would be a bit cautious attempting to disconnect it. As far as the ATK, I'm not aware of a way to turn OFF the audible alarm in standalone mode, but it may be possible when connected directly to an Apex. I would recommend asking the folks at Neptune directly to find out for sure! :)

-Randy

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they going to release a version of the atk without the fmm module for people that already have it

Not that I'm aware of, but would definitely be a great question for Neptune to consider! But, with an extra FMM you could fill it up with a bunch of sensors! ;)

-Randy

Marc West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

Today is the day for the new Neptune ATK and along with that, why not a BRStv How-To to help you get it installed and understand what it's all about! :)

Can't wait to hear your thoughts! ;)

Good device but lacks enough sensor ports, should be 8 sensor ports on the FMM, eg. sensor 1, sensor 2, Leak Detector, RO flow, 1" flow, 1/2" flow for a standard setup. Additionally needs to direct RO kit and and ATO versions... Direct RO needs two version Base and Pro; Base switch out the Pump for a RO Soiloid; Pro version Kit needs to include sensor 1, sensor 2, Leak Detector, RO flow, RO Solanoid. As I say too my kids think it through.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 79.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.1%
Back