Introducing the Coral Box QP-PLUS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In timer mode I can choose only the flow mode, but not the flow straight?

editour2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Logan we spoke about getting a QP9 plus for my new frag tank which is going to be 48" long x 15" wide x 12" tall. I currently use an older QP5 on my 20gal long frag tank. What I neglected to tell you is that the new frag tank will be 3/4" thick acrylic and I just read you saying it won't hold well on that thickness. So what would you recommend?

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have one of the controllers stuck in like slave mode and won't reset? I just got a new controller and it's in slave mode and i've tried every button on the thing and it won't reset or do anything.

@Reef Breeders any insight?

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have one of the controllers stuck in like slave mode and won't reset? I just got a new controller and it's in slave mode and i've tried every button on the thing and it won't reset or do anything.

@Reef Breeders any insight?
First thing I would try is leave it unplugged for an hour, then plug it back in.

Then try pressing the WI-Li button to switch it out of S mode. If you don't have any luck, try the clock icon in the center. If the timer program opens up, press mode to switch it into another mode.

Still no luck- email us for a new controller.

Gassyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about placing RP-M or RN-1 on opposite ends of my 90g softy, with a fair amount of rock, sand bed (hoping to add some sps, lps soon) Looking for a bit of a wave/reef crest motion, I could probably use them on the back glass if necessary. I'm between these and a pair of QP-9s but I'm not sure I want that linear flow....my tank isn't loving the alternating linear flow of my AC pumps on timers but I'm not sure what direction to go. Anyone have experience with these on a 4ft tank similar volume to 90g?
Any advice @Reef Breeders

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about placing RP-M or RN-1 on opposite ends of my 90g softy, with a fair amount of rock, sand bed (hoping to add some sps, lps soon) Looking for a bit of a wave/reef crest motion, I could probably use them on the back glass if necessary. I'm between these and a pair of QP-9s but I'm not sure I want that linear flow....my tank isn't loving the alternating linear flow of my AC pumps on timers but I'm not sure what direction to go. Anyone have experience with these on a 4ft tank similar volume to 90g?
Any advice @Reef Breeders
For a 90 you would be better served with the QP-9+, the RPM works better in smaller tanks/supplementing in larger tanks.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Compared to your AC pumps they will have better wave motion, AC pump are on/off only, they don't have variable flow.

Ffelrod

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should be compatible with the Aqualink A1 and T1 adapter, I will double check for you.

Any follow up to this? I have 2 QP9s. The controllers don’t work. I’m thinking about buying an Apex and hope I can control them via WiFi and be able to bypass these junk controllers. What do I need to buy?

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never received a response/recommendation.
At this time we don't have much in the way of a solution for glass that thick. You can try securing the power cords with these:

1592779498252.png

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any follow up to this? I have 2 QP9s. The controllers don’t work. I’m thinking about buying an Apex and hope I can control them via WiFi and be able to bypass these junk controllers. What do I need to buy?
They are compatible with the Aqualink T1 V2. Those will be in stock in 3-5 weeks. They also work with the A1 adapter should you want to go the apex route.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And do please keep in mind this is an open forum. You're welcome to email us if you want a direct response, or send a PM. I can't check every thread all the time.

ethridge78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got to say I have the Qp16+ For a 1yr and love them not one hiccup move a ton of water. 1 will move water on the other side of my 180gal.

Mislav

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How will behave 4 qps pumps linked?
For example 1 is master and other 3 are slaves.
Which one will turn on and when in M3?

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How will behave 4 qps pumps linked?
For example 1 is master and other 3 are slaves.
Which one will turn on and when in M3?
The Anti-sync function is intended for 2 pumps, with more pumps it's tough to dial in exactly which will pulse when. If you have a large enough tank, you may simply want to have 2 sets of 2, one on each side.

Back