OP
holdyourlight

holdyourlight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone-

I want to make something clear because i am shipping the yellow jackets to some of you this week...
Every polyp in my colony is different. In the pic i took, its of my favorite couple polyps..you can see some of the other polyps that are not in the forefront have alot of yellow in them and they are all different sizes. This is the oddest colony of palys i have ever seen. I dont know if its just my tank or what, but fully mature adult polyps vary in size quite a bit, some are much larger than others and obviously there really are no 2 polyps that are exactly the same.

also-i tried putting some polyps more shaded--they turned more lime colored than yellow--sandbed in direct light is where they are the best color for me.

that being said- i just want to warn some of you who are receiving the single polyps from me..think of the yellow jackets more like a Chalice--
Chalice frags come in (at least the high-end ones) sometimes the size of a pinky fingernail and it takes till they are encrusting half of the frag plug before they start to look good...
It is the same with the Yellow Jackets...i started off with a couple polyps and didnt really know what i had until i had half a dozen polyps..

Sorry just felt the need to explain before i get any negative feedback. The two people that have received them so far have been VERY happy, but i know its just a matter of time before i get yelled at because the polyp i send does not look like the "soprano" looking ones in the picture. Sorry they all don't look like that, but you can be guaranteed that you will have a few in your colony that look like that once it grows out a little bit...

okay that was enough explaining...i feel better now:)

OP
OP
holdyourlight

holdyourlight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
up on zoa-id now :)

i can only look on it from my phone right now but the pictures look like they are in a lower resolution or something:(..could just be my crappy phone..

hopefully when some of you guys get them from me and they have grown out you can post some better pics than mine!

http://zoaid.com/index.php?module=Gallery2&g2_itemId=8524

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reef 5etup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure there's a long list id like to be on it!
And congrats on the yellow jackets they are something else...

BenT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How fast do these grow for you?....as compared to say, PPE?

OP
OP
holdyourlight

holdyourlight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How fast do these grow for you?....as compared to say, PPE?

I have been growing the YJ's for a quite a while but i kinda just threw them in the back of the tank for a while and didn't pay attention to them. The few polyps i got were mostly yellow and didint have alot of black(about half of the colony is mostly yellow, some, like the ones featured in my pic are more "soprano" ish) My one local reefer buddy i gave them too has had really good growth while another guy i gave them too they have been dreadfully slow.

I think like anything else it depends on the tank conditions and will be different for everyone. i know thats not the answer you want but i just didnt pay attention enough to the growth rate, nor can i remember exactly when i got these, i have too many zoos and palys to keep track of!:nerd:

Obsessed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I picked up some babies of the yellow jacket at RAP this last weekend, what do you guys think?

6910cb28.jpg

Last edited:

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a neg, i own some Yj nd the yellow is very random dots thats very fine lines places inpraportion

Obsessed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try and get better pics tomorrow, they are much more yellow in person then the pic shows.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back