Introduction- new user

meuretig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
About 6 months new to the hobby. Been researching a lot on google so always end up on this site. Have a 40 gal AIO kit (aquatop recife) with some rock, bonded pair of clown fish, royal gramma, 6line wrasse, and Pajama Cardinal. Had a dart fish but committed aquatic suicide one day when I left the top open. Started introducing soft corals (acen, Zoas, gsp). Everything doing well except one of the Zoa frags. Using the light that the kit came with- not sure if I need to change. Just ordered a wave maker. Anyway- just introducing myself. Thanks everyone for all the help so far!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
AECB1BC5-BCC9-4197-B47C-923635560766.gif

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello,
About 6 months new to the hobby. Been researching a lot on google so always end up on this site. Have a 40 gal AIO kit (aquatop recife) with some rock, bonded pair of clown fish, royal gramma, 6line wrasse, and Pajama Cardinal. Had a dart fish but committed aquatic suicide one day when I left the top open. Started introducing soft corals (acen, Zoas, gsp). Everything doing well except one of the Zoa frags. Using the light that the kit came with- not sure if I need to change. Just ordered a wave maker. Anyway- just introducing myself. Thanks everyone for all the help so far!
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Most of the kits come with lower end lights. I'm not sure about yours. The best way to figure it out would be to rent/borrow a PAR meter and see what your lighting levels look like in the tank.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Sorry for your loss. Sometimes fish just want to be Olympic carpet surfers... not realizing how deadly it can be to leap, fall from that height, and not have water to land into at the bottom. I've added screen and other types of blocking to ensure any leaping when I'm not around keeps them inside. I've a clownfish that leaps AT me when I'm doing maintenance and it's come thru my open door several times.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 60 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 24 14.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back