01A9A059-14B1-4769-8264-4A768722187A.jpeg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Introdution

It has been SOOOOOO long since I've kept a reef and SOOOOO much has changed that I must agree to call myself a new hobbyist. Have not yet even begun, except planning and budgeting for the set up I want to build and maintain. So much great information to be had on this forum (I have been lurking for a bit) Thanks for having me. I hope to get to know some of you better down the road.

Welcome! Glad you joined. Everything you knew before still applies. There are things that do make hobby better, but there are many flashy things and MANY options. Sounds like you are going to be successful since you are already doing planning. I'll suggest keeping an eye on your local craigslist etc as you might find a deal on someone leaving hobby and save yourself some money. That's what happened to us.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I wish I had begun during planning phase, where you are now. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Introdution

It has been SOOOOOO long since I've kept a reef and SOOOOO much has changed that I must agree to call myself a new hobbyist. Have not yet even begun, except planning and budgeting for the set up I want to build and maintain. So much great information to be had on this forum (I have been lurking for a bit) Thanks for having me. I hope to get to know some of you better down the road.
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 41 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 148 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back