Inverted polyps?

Chris2222000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These ppe Ive had for about a year. They used to be under 10 or 12k mh lamps (cant remember) which is why they kinda browned out. Well anyway I switched them to Hamilton 14k lamps about 2 weeks ago and two of the polyps have inverted and donot close up....not even at night.
Does any of the zoa gurus here have advice or any conclusion to help these two guys out. :) I remember seeing MFinns avatar on RC and his polyp looked real close too what mine looks like.
FWIW the polyp still looks really healthy, thick base/stalk and not withered looking. Heres a pic:
Picture001.jpg

Thanks
Chris

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my zoas do that it is because of a sudden change. Be it the first introduction to my tank or the first time my tank lights come on.

But, normally this condition lasts around 2-4 days so keep your fingers crossed.

Here is a pic of when my RPE did that. Do you see the stressed look on the polyp at the bottom? DO you! Do you! (I need to get a life)

rpe.jpg

OP
OP
Chris2222000

Chris2222000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol. They look like little shrooms.
Hopefully they will get better, Ive had a few other morphs do that a while back and after they came around they had little babies.
...Maybe they are constipated :shock:

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine do that once in a while also.. I think they should return to normal though... mine did.. good luck..

Marvin

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris2222000 said:
lol. They look like little shrooms.
Hopefully they will get better, Ive had a few other morphs do that a while back and after they came around they had little babies.
...Maybe they are constipated :shock:

You know, they are posionous, too, and look what they do for ya. I see a zoa licking epidemic hitting soon ;) .

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gflat65 said:
Chris2222000 said:
You know, they are posionous, too, and look what they do for ya. I see a zoa licking epidemic hitting soon ;) .

No licking mine!!!

Hey do you guys remeber the Donger from Sixteen Candles? "OOOhhhhhhhhhhhhh American GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!!!!"

ROTFL
Laurie

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had posted a thread in RC in our local club forum about my arm going numb after fragging zoas for two hours before a frag swap a couple of years ago. I got a little dizzy, too. Someone cautioned me in my description of the feeling, as zoas could become the next designer drug :D .

I just watched Weird Science yesterday. I can quote too many lines from that movie (as well as too many more including almost the entire sequence of Blazing Saddles). Too much TV growing up?

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the Book of Coral Propagation, Calfo talks about fragging grandis polyps and feeling the effects of clenching the razor in his mouth for a second (lack of hands).... Sounds like a pretty potent neurotoxin to me, imo.

Haha, I love Weird Science too. And Little Shop of Horrors... FEED ME!!! :lol:

Laurie

Back