OP
iReef86

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike and Terry's tank lights are awesome but I think the difference is the kessils they are running with the hydras. Bigger skimmer and calcium rx you can't go wrong with imo. Feel bad my atb just collecting dust but we are still not sure what we are going to do. You know I will make you the deal of a lifetime. Think if I do I will have a race with you and Andy . Who wants it the most lol.
Haha! Andy got a great deal on his Deltec! I think I should get dibs just because! Haha! And M&T said the same thing about their lighting. I also read some where that the AI26's produce more power per diode than the 52s, which in theory would be better to have 4 of them... Unsure what to do...

OP
OP
iReef86

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you believe me if I told you the tank has water in it? Like All 250 gallons are full? Not trying to trick anyone, but I am doing a fresh water test before I make RODI water. Two hours later and no visible water leaks. Now to order my replacement filters, Make 250 gallons of filtered water, get my lights ordered, finish painting the canopy and stand, order my calcium reactor, I will be ordering a neck extension for my current skimmer so I won't have to replace it right away, and all systems are a go!

Last edited:

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to see this reef up and running! Bobby's ATB would rock this reef!!..ha!

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? I have been seeing on fb your playing soccer a bunch but didn't know if you had time to put some work in.

OP
OP
iReef86

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes Bobby! Been playing a bunch of soccer, 3 games per week, trying to get my sexy Dad Bod back in shape! Ive also been working up at Chester Aquaria in my spare time, nights and weekends. You know how it goes, your tank gets the slack!

But
For
The
Updates....

... I ordered the doors for the canopy, I have finished constructing it finally. It is sealed and primed and now ready for actual paint. I have sanded it after each priming, 3 layers total. Final primed layer is as smooth as 1500 grit wet sand. Going for the high quality finish. I have a fancy paint gun that I use with my 50g air compressor. I built the canopy first this time since I never ever got to it on my 120g. I didn't give my self an excuse this time. I want and need a pretty set up, its going to have to last a while...

... I changed my mind and I am adding doors to the side of the stand for easier access and to match my shnazzyyy canopy, small delay there BUT hopefully cutting and routing the openings this weekend. This is the main reason the tank doesn't have water though, our "Little Mermaid" loves to climb under the tank and play with the sump and dropping her toys in, so to avoid a possible drowning or electrocution, Im waiting patiently to finish the stand, and baby proofing by adding some locks.

... The rockscape, like always, has been a work-in-progress. I want to get it as close to perfect as possible, and as solid as possible. I am using acrylic rods and epoxy. I keep finding rocks I like, but its like I only find 1 or 2 at a time, getting close though!...

... Plumbing is finished and fully tested. ZERO leaks, and absolutely dead silent! I am running 2 full siphon drains (1 per corner overflow), 1 emergency drain (left overflow), and 1 return (right overflow).

Door design we have finally decided on. It is a weebit on the pricey side considering I'll end up ordering 10 doors total, but it'll definitely be pretty, which is all that wifey wants and to be able to lock it up so the baby doesn't use the sump as a hot tub, pool, or shower!
maple_3r_CI_Beaded_img.jpg

OP
OP
iReef86

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Officially, ADDING WATER!!!!

Almost 6 months later! I know, it has taken way too long! My local fish store is letting me borrow their 125g and 35g vat to fill up with fresh water. I must say, it dang near filled up with my first 160 gallon trip to the LFS. We will be filling the last 4-6 inches, overflows, and sump tonight after my soccer match. I have added the first bag of Brightwell Neomarine Salt to the tank, I kind of wish I would have mixed it outside though, the smell of sulfur was overwhelming! It was a lot stronger than I remember!

Will be adding filter socks to catch any floating debris, turning skimmer on for aeration, return pump on blast! And maybe a carbon reactor temporarily just to clear up the sand dust storm!

Currently Jamming out to: Nothing.... I am currently stuck at work with my tank stuck on my mind , and no tunes to get me through... :(

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lookin' good Christian!

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking aqua scape! I can already see all the colorful corals in there now!! Looks great!

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back