Is a BRS 75G RODI with BRS auto booster pump compatible with apex?

Chase420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I have a BRS 75 GPD RODI System with extra membrane to pump 150 GPD and a BRS Smart buddie Booster Pump for 50 - 100 GPD Can I hook up my Rodi System with this Smart booster pump to apex to do ATO and automatic water changes. Assuming I have everything except the apex. What will I need assuming I buy apex pro A3. What other apex Neptune products will I need and any extras to connect a BRS 75 GPD with extra membrane for 150 GPD RODI System with smart booster pump to apex so I can have everything do what it needs to do automatically besides adding salt to reservoir for water changes. Someone that knows what to do please send me a list of items I'll need assuming I have the apex pro A3 that's it! I don't have anything else. Not even a doser yet! Thanks for any descriptive list that I will need.
Happy Reefing Guys

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can, but it is not advised.

Automatic water changes, sure, you need a DOS unit and APEX. Along with some float switches, and some programming. This is not hard to do and there are many write ups on how to do it. You still have to start your RO/DI unit manually, and mix salt manually. There is no automatic's for this sort of thing to my knowledge? It's been tried before, but I have not come across anyone that was successful.

Using your RO/DI for topoff, is certainly not recommended. Float switches fail, short cycling your RO/DI unit causes premature failure of the membrane, and allows high TDS(known as TDS creep) to enter your tank.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back