Is anyone else laughing at these people trying to pawn LFS stuff for High dollar?!?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen a couple posts in the last few months of guys trying to pawn off stuff that they found at the LFS store for cheap probably, then sell it for big $$$ to turn a profit.
Not to mention adding that they have had it for months and months, when it CLEARLY looks like it just came out of the box....

Just my take - I could be wrong.

Its kinda making me sick to see this........

I guess it is all about the money now

BRB - going to the LFS to see if I can find some gold.......

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i see what you mean SOME times and i mean VERY rare you find somthing at the lfs that super nice and you could do that, but non the less i see alot of adverage stuff being passed around that ppl are just fliping.

I

inactive

View Badges
I have seen a couple posts in the last few months of guys trying to pawn off stuff that they found at the LFS store for cheap probably, then sell it for big $$$ to turn a profit.
Not to mention adding that they have had it for months and months, when it CLEARLY looks like it just came out of the box....

Just my take - I could be wrong.

Its kinda making me sick to see this........

I guess it is all about the money now

BRB - going to the LFS to see if I can find some gold.......

Yeah, I can name several people that do that.

JNye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been noticing, do you blame them? They are just doing what everyone else is doing. It alway is and always will be, buyer beware. Hell if you are good at taking pictures you can make a killing these days...

I

inactive

View Badges
I've been noticing, do you blame them? They are just doing what everyone else is doing. It alway is and always will be, buyer beware. Hell if you are good at taking pictures you can make a killing these days...

Not true, I take great pictures and I can't sell crap.

Wait, have not posted anything for sale yet.. no wonder. booooooo

Reef 5etup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 picture's & photoshop= eyecandy :)

ZoaFan08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That fact is 75% of the 'hobbyist' in this hobby are not 'hobbyist', that are all trying to recoup their money they spend by fragging up their coral and selling it to the next guy. Most tanks I see are full of frags because people buy a nice coral and keep fragging it to make their money back or buy the next hot coral. And then when the corals they bought are not the in coral anymore they sell it off and buy the next thing. Just because a website sells a coral for $500 per inch doesn't mean we as hobbyist should. There are too may people in this hobby who just buy and sell buy and sell buy and sell or hype up coral just so they can sell a coral.

ZoaFan08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohh yea and lets not forget about the people who buy a macro lens and photoshop pictures so they look like god himself wet his pants and they look nothing like that. Macro shots are the worst because not one person looks at their coral from 3" inches away.

ZoaFan08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about everyone just stop paying such ridiculous amounts of money for some of these corals, you are the only reason why prices keep going up and up and up. The only person making money on these are the resellers. If everyone in this hobby just said enough the prices would come way down. It's not like the coral will not come in anymore.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
To me if I can see the awesome detail in the Macro shot, I will buy it if I like it. That's like buying a diamond or coin you have to use a magnifying glass to see the real beauty and intricate detail.

More like collecting for my enjoyment.

ZoaFan08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me if I can see the awesome detail in the Macro shot, I will buy it if I like it. That's like buying a diamond or coin you have to use a magnifying glass to see the real beauty and intricate detail.

More like collecting for my enjoyment.

You can tell the difference between a nice diamond and a crappy diamond without looking at it through a magnifying glass.

I buy what I like, not what is in or what is going to get in the 'elite traders' special booth.

I

inactive

View Badges
You can tell the difference between a nice diamond and a crappy diamond without looking at it through a magnifying glass.

Wow, that's an amazing talent considering even the most elite of diamond experts can't do that.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I buy what I like, not what is in or what is going to get in the 'elite traders' special booth.

I buy what I like too, that was my point. If you don't like the macros, don't buy it. I for one love to look a macros and buy nice ones.

JNye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not true, I take great pictures and I can't sell crap

I don't believe you, prove yourself wrong ;).

Ohh yea and lets not forget about the people who buy a macro lens and photoshop pictures so they look like god himself wet his pants and they look nothing like that. Macro shots are the worst because not one person looks at their coral from 3" inches away.

buyer beware again, one you realize this you stop wetting yourself over macro shots, the coral simply doesn't look that good in person and you know it. took me awhile to realize this. explain that to all the noobs you meet.

How about everyone just stop paying such ridiculous amounts of money for some of these corals, you are the only reason why prices keep going up and up and up. The only person making money on these are the resellers. If everyone in this hobby just said enough the prices would come way down. It's not like the coral will not come in anymore

I wish this could happen but true high end stuff is aways going to exist. We shouldn't be mad about it. If you don't like it you should shop at local's tanks, and the LFS. Obviously that can't satsify most of us.

In the end, stay informed and help keep noobies informed so we don't get ripped off.

Reef 5etup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not against the macro thing like rev said it brings out detail in coral then with out macro! The thing that gets me is ppl photoshoping every pic to advertise not so bright corals in person. I believe a straight macro shot shouldn't be adjusted at all just shoot then put up(or take a million pics till you find the right one thats a photographer), then saturate the pic to make it what its not! ...jmo

softiegirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 picture's & photoshop= eyecandy :)

but doesn't that equal buyers beware? if you're dumb enough to pay it, than you're the fool, right? in my opinion, more power to the sellers. In every hobby there is a gimmick, or a product no one needs but cant live without..... its all about the intelligence of the buyer. And what is important to them. The question is, are people buying this crap?

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go to LFS all the time and they dont have anything thats above average... Probably the nicest stuff you will see at the local reef stores are elegance coral.. or sometime a few acan but nothing spectacular. high end stuff are on the web.. all my stuff i get at top dollars and when i sell i sell at top dollars. and sometimes get scolded for doing so..

iani

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go to LFS all the time and they dont have anything thats above average... Probably the nicest stuff you will see at the local reef stores are elegance coral.. or sometime a few acan but nothing spectacular. high end stuff are on the web.. all my stuff i get at top dollars and when i sell i sell at top dollars. and sometimes get scolded for doing so..

That happens when you buy something to resell only a few days later. It also happens when you try to sell coral in poor health.

ZoaFan08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that's an amazing talent considering even the most elite of diamond experts can't do that.

So your telling me you can't see the difference between a diamond with carbon deposits and one without just by the glimmer? Or one with a hint of yelow and one without? My friend got his wife a 2 carat diamond because she wanted a big diamond and its more dull than the silver ring. You can see the black just looking at it and it has zero glimmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 99 43.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 77 33.9%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back