Is anyone serious about moving here from RC?

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far happy with yhe turn out. People will get it. we even have a mystery viewer...... I see PC joe lurking:)

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Props to the BOD for making the move official!
I would be happy to take the credit however I wanted it to go a little smoother until the first of the year. Someone in our club took our email and sent it to rc mods. kind of thankful but it wasn't meant to be in this fashion.

james30ct

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried sending a pm to a member on the other site and they even blocked this web site address in a pm

Kdocimo90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be sticking with reefcentral... what is the reasoning behind transitioning to this site? I've been a part of reefcentral for about 9 years. Wonder what all the BOD drama is with RC

tyler91913

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huh. I just figured out what "clay-boa" means.

Anyways, hello CTARS friends. It's my first time on R2R, but many of you know me from RC.

Tyler

KRAZE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be happy to take the credit however I wanted it to go a little smoother until the first of the year. Someone in our club took our email and sent it to rc mods. kind of thankful but it wasn't meant to be in this fashion.

I was wondering how the cat got outta the bag, I could tell by the email you were planning to move slowly. Wonder who decided that was a good idea to forward it on. :crossedlips:

KRAZE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be sticking with reefcentral... what is the reasoning behind transitioning to this site? I've been a part of reefcentral for about 9 years. Wonder what all the BOD drama is with RC

I'll also be hanging around RC, just as I hung around on this and other forums, there is tons of info on all these sites. The point isnt to get you away from RC all together, its just so the the CTARS BOD and its members can have some freedom in their own section, rather than being harassed constantly by overbearing mods. So if your looking to participate in CTARS affiliated events, then you will have to come to this designated area to find out the info. If you just want to talk to other reefers in CT then the new Greater CT Area on RC will suit just fine.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll also be hanging around RC, just as I hung around on this and other forums, there is tons of info on all these sites. The point isnt to get you away from RC all together, its just so the the CTARS BOD and its members can have some freedom in their own section, rather than being harassed constantly by overbearing mods. So if your looking to participate in CTARS affiliated events, then you will have to come to this designated area to find out the info. If you just want to talk to other reefers in CT then the new Greater CT Area on RC will suit just fine.

I think that's exactly right. I'm a member of five or so different boards; though I do spend most of my time on RC because that's where most of the fellow reefers I correspond with also go.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been on this site for some time, it's a good place. I will still poke around over there but I was mainly on RC because of ctars. You can't make everyone happy but is seems like the majority of people are happy with the move.

SaltySammy

Bubblehead Forever
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seems some are making a lot about this. Im a new member to ctars and been hearing about this at every event Ive been to, its just a board move not the end of the world. Imo who cares what forum we use, the point is that this will be used as the club board, no big deal. and i like the ability to communicate with LFS (our sponsors) in ct directly on our club forum.....

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually think I was elected because of my mouth, so what that all say the only problem this club has if some of the club members. People need to realize that this club isn't just for them it's for everyone to enjoy the reefkeeping hobby. Yes it is a community and we all enjoy the friendship however I'm a construction guy and rats rub me the wrong way. what I mean by rats is people ******* and moaning about mindless meaningless things. In with no say or a voice back I feel that this is a better situation.

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get myself into so much trouble with my mouth. I used to be quiet but that's how you get taken advantage of in my business.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello CTARS and thank you for your confidence in R2R.

I wanted to personally thank you for joining our forums and let you know that we will do whatever we can to make you feel at home and to work with you to make your moving here as painless as possible. I understand that some of you might be upset or leery of this move over to our forums and that's ok and I personally understand it. Sometimes change or the unknown is hard. That being said I would like for you to at least have and open mind and allow me/us the opportunity to win you over to our community.

At R2R we realize the value of a single member and especially a whole club of members and we don't take that lightly. Over time we will do our very best to prove that this was the right move. We are going to help your club grow in any way that we can!

Please if you have any questions, ideas, comments for me please message me, or email me at [email protected].

Thank you,
David Hammontree (revhtree)
Reef2Reef Owner/Admin

J062682l

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello CTARS and thank you for your confidence in R2R.

I wanted to personally thank you for joining our forums and let you know that we will do whatever we can to make you feel at home and to work with you to make your moving here as painless as possible. I understand that some of you might be upset or leery of this move over to our forums and that's ok and I personally understand it. Sometimes change or the unknown is hard. That being said I would like for you to at least have and open mind and allow me/us the opportunity to win you over to our community.

At R2R we realize the value of a single member and especially a whole club of members and we don't take that lightly. Over time we will do our very best to prove that this was the right move. We are going to help your club grow in any way that we can!

Please if you have any questions, ideas, comments for me please message me, or email me at [email protected].

Thank you,
David Hammontree (revhtree)
Reef2Reef Owner/Admin

thanks rev !!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 128 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back