Is it okay to cohabitate multiple species of clown goby?

Barncat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I recently fell head over heels in love with clown gobies, and while asking myself the question of whether to get a green clown goby with their cool red stripes, or a citron clown goby which looks almost lavender purple under actinic light, then learning that there are in fact even more species of clown goby then that (maroon, brown, panda, yellow,) I found myself asking the question: can clown gobies of different species be friends? Is it possible that perhaps I could adopt more than one to live in my 30 gallon reef?

I'm guessing that the answer is 'probably not' but I still thought that I should ask anyway! Anyone have experience cohabbing these cute little fish?

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, I recently fell head over heels in love with clown gobies, and while asking myself the question of whether to get a green clown goby with their cool red stripes, or a citron clown goby which looks almost lavender purple under actinic light, then learning that there are in fact even more species of clown goby then that (maroon, brown, panda, yellow,) I found myself asking the question: can clown gobies of different species be friends? Is it possible that perhaps I could adopt more than one to live in my 30 gallon reef?

I'm guessing that the answer is 'probably not' but I still thought that I should ask anyway! Anyone have experience cohabbing these cute little fish?
In a 30, probably not. There are several little fish you'd love for that size tank though.

Upvote 0

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_20200606_060924044.jpg
IMG_20220815_072731629~2.jpg
IMG_20191023_080936721_MP.jpg
IMG_20200609_062341763_MP.jpg

Upvote 0

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What are the dimensions of the reef?

I have 3 in my nano but it’s got some weird dimensions.

Upvote 0

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an FTS of my nano, it’s 3’x16”x1’ long and houses 3 clown gobies, 1 Helfrichi Firefish, 1 Yasha Goby, 1 Griessinger Goby, 2 Court Jester Gobies and (if we class gobies via common name) a Target Mandarin ‘Goby’. And there are 3 wrasses in with them.
IMG_8499.jpeg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Barncat

Barncat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, thanks guys! I've decided to adopt both a citron and a green (and will certainly keep my 'door' open to a brown or maroon if one ever becomes available.) I'm getting the citron tomorrow and I'm really excited about it!❤️

Upvote 0

Ziggy17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if you have an update on the gobies now that they have been together for a couple months. Any aggression?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Barncat

Barncat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if you have an update on the gobies now that they have been together for a couple months. Any aggression?
Hey, I still just have only a citron clown goby at this point so I don't have any updates to impart yet other than that my citron Skittle is very charming and is doing well.❤️
IMG_3584.jpeg

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back