Is my light broken?

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My power went out the other day when the electric company swapped out the electric meter on my house. Due to weird wifi router issues I had to reconnect and reschedule my kessil A360x. While doing so the light suddenly went out and hasn’t turned back on since. No indication on the wifi model. And plugging it back in gives me nothing, while reconnecting the outlet pug to the brick cable gives a flicker. Please help. Do I need to buy a new light or is this fixable?

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My power went out the other day when the electric company swapped out the electric meter on my house. Due to weird wifi router issues I had to reconnect and reschedule my kessil A360x. While doing so the light suddenly went out and hasn’t turned back on since. No indication on the wifi model. And plugging it back in gives me nothing, while reconnecting the outlet pug to the brick cable gives a flicker. Please help. Do I need to buy a new light or is this fixable?
Can you check the power brick? Does it have some sort of indicator light on it?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would try a new power cord/brick before a whole new light. Maybe a LFS has one you can test? or a reef club in the area?

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swap the power brick with a known working light to verify. If the non working one works and the one that was working stops working then you know it’s the brick. If they remain the same then it’s the light.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The input and output voltages should be listed on the brick.

Use a volt meter to check the output of the brick and see if it matches. If it does, then I would suspect the light. If it doesn't, then I would try replacing the brick.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back