Is the dry side magnet of a Nero 5 waterproof?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a full glass divider in my tank with a swim through hole so it is technically the right end of my display and it is the only place I can mount it?!

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I heard the dry side magnet is submersible. However, you should contact the manufacturer and confirm it.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think so. I've seen a few people using it that way.

Futuretotm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did any of you place the dry side underwater long term?

Heres the official answer from them:

Thank you for contacting AquaIllumination. The outside magnet on all Nero models was not designed to be submerged in the aquarium. That said, we have had several users report they are using the outside magnet submerged in the aquarium without issue. Obviously, we are unable to guarantee this will work long term without issue but it is unlikely that you would experience any problems.

reeferguy125

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did any of you place the dry side underwater long term?

Heres the official answer from them:

Thank you for contacting AquaIllumination. The outside magnet on all Nero models was not designed to be submerged in the aquarium. That said, we have had several users report they are using the outside magnet submerged in the aquarium without issue. Obviously, we are unable to guarantee this will work long term without issue but it is unlikely that you would experience any problems.
Is the outside magnet sealed or would it be exposed to water? I would be concerned of raised levels of iron, cobalt, nickel and who knows what else if it is not sealed. I vacuum sealed my H2Pro magnets to place the outside magnet in my overflows.

argonzalez0410

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the outside magnet sealed or would it be exposed to water? I would be concerned of raised levels of iron, cobalt, nickel and who knows what else if it is not sealed. I vacuum sealed my H2Pro magnets to place the outside magnet in my overflows.
That's an interesting idea. How was this accomplished?

Yodaman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would imagine even a food saver bag trimmed down would be sufficient! I like the idea a lot

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have my Nero 3 outside magnets under freshwater because the CADE tanks have a built in ATO on the back. Prior to that I had them in AIO chambers on my waterbox peninsula 15. It's been a year and so far so good.

I think as long as you are inspecting them, it's not much of an issue. I pull my Neros every 1-2 months for cleaning anyway so I would likely catch an issue.

The food saver bag idea is a great idea though. I'll have to see if I can find access to one. I'm all about redundant safety measures.

wingman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my Nero 3 outside magnets under freshwater because the CADE tanks have a built in ATO on the back. Prior to that I had them in AIO chambers on my waterbox peninsula 15. It's been a year and so far so good.

I think as long as you are inspecting them, it's not much of an issue. I pull my Neros every 1-2 months for cleaning anyway so I would likely catch an issue.

The food saver bag idea is a great idea though. I'll have to see if I can find access to one. I'm all about redundant safety measures.

What model Cade tank do you have? I am running a Reef S2/F 600. and am looking at the Nero pumps 3 or 5 ?? which one would you recommend.

wingman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What model Cade tank do you have? I am running a Reef S2/F 600. and am looking at the Nero pumps 3 or 5 ?? which one would you recommend.
Just noticed your bottom line re the tank, so I guess mine is the shallower version. Regards .

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 45 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.2%
Back