Is there anything specific you want to add to your tank this year?

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the new year, a lot of us are probably thinking about what we want to do with our tanks this year. Maybe it is adding new equipment, or maybe it is adding new livestock to our tanks. I am wondering what are you wanting to add to your tank this year? Curious to hear everyone's input!

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to add a LED bar to supplement my kessil lighting to alleviate shadowing and get a little more blue pop since the sunlight from a nearby window, while helpful for growth, tends to wash out all the fluorescence for a few hours every day. I decided I'll use an orphek blue bar, but still struggling/debating on how to mount it on my tank. I want it on the front 50%, but angled toward the center of the tank. If anyone has recommendations for a mount that can rest on the rim of the tank, while allowing me to "tilt" the fixture, that would be awesome!

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
More fish. I’d really like 2-3 more convict tangs to join my current convict but not sure how everyone will react to them

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two things.
I want to add a T5 fixture over my aquarium, IE swap out my LEDs for T5s and hope nothing gets mad at me. I would also love to add another anemone and a second pair of clownfish to live in it.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Supplement doser and ATO. Tired of doing both prior to leaving for work. Doser ordered and on its way!
Can't go wrong with an ATO! One of the best purchases I made for my tank

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a specific size you are going for?
At least a 500g and has to be acrylic! I have the space in the fish room. The hardest part is convincing the Boss - that’s my New Year’s Resolution! I almost pulled the trigger on a 1100g last year but later realized that the divorce might cost MUCH more than the tank! Ugh

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have hopes to add a green mandarin dragonet…BUT…. Until my tank is fully matured and I know it will support a pod population to sustain one I will wait patiently.

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting my new tank set up, so more fish, corals, everything all around! Maybe get myself a clam if all goes smoothly this year :D
Best of luck to getting a new tank! Clams would be cool to have

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably a turf scrubber for me. Chaeto seems to do well for a few months and then dies off. Nutrients are quite high so it's not starving. Need to keep them a bit lower to ensure stability. Also would like to install a larger saltwater reservoir.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 28 59.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.4%
Back