Is there something like a Flipper Nano that takes standard razor blades?

sorgrum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there something like the Flipper Nano that takes standard blades like this?

feather-double-edge-blades-10-pack-f1-30-430b__82267.1506009650.jpg

OP
OP
S

sorgrum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with your Dollar store quest...
6$ per Nano Flipper blade vs 10 cents for a razor blade. If what I'm looking for doesn't exist, I'm going to 3D print what I'm looking for anyways.

Either way, I asked an innocent question and your response was not only rude, but added zero to the conversation. No **** you would have to buy replacement blades if what I'm asking for didn't exist. Doesn't change the fact that it's hugely overpriced.

Edit: Hospitality Award holder btw!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Is there something like the Flipper Nano that takes standard blades like this?

feather-double-edge-blades-10-pack-f1-30-430b__82267.1506009650.jpg
Stick with their blades- Regular blades if not carefully used can cut into the silicone seal and you know what is next

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
6$ per Nano Flipper blade vs 10 cents for a razor blade. If what I'm looking for doesn't exist, I'm going to 3D print what I'm looking for anyways.

Either way, I asked an innocent question and your response was not only rude, but added zero to the conversation. No **** you would have to buy replacement blades if what I'm asking for didn't exist. Doesn't change the fact that it's hugely overpriced.

3D print may be a good option

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You had two people both give you the same advice: don't cheap out on stainless steel blades.

OP
OP
S

sorgrum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stick with their blades- Regular blades if not carefully used can cut into the silicone seal and you know what is next
Thanks for the advice. I have a huge buildup of algae so I might consider a hybrid approach where I use the Flipper blades for the areas near the silicone.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They work remarkably well. Even if you let your beard grow out a bit, these blades slice through like butter. And like I mentioned, they're really cost effective.
And they are very dangerous if your not experienced using them :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

At the OP I've not had luck with any magnetic scrapers removing much of anything except the film on the glass. I've used many including the algae free which has a magnet strong enough that I have to take breaks when using it and I still end up having to use a hand held scraper for anything but film algae or very small spots of green algae but maybe I'm missing something.

nezw0001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the OP, I'd like a tool that I can put regular razor blades in for some of my high growth areas. I am a very experienced reefer and can handle being careful with them, i use them routinely in my hand but can't reach the bottom of my 450G this way. Does anyone have a 3D printed option?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a company that makes a replacement attachment for the tunze scraper that mows down coralline likenits butter.

I have then for my tunze and they work amazingly well... I'm very impressed.

Hwres where i got them from:

Last edited by a moderator:

PapaFishRocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen so many opportunities for custom 3D printed pieces. I soooooo want to buy a 3D printer.

nezw0001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen so many opportunities for custom 3D printed pieces. I soooooo want to buy a 3D printer.
I have one but am struggling to learn CAD well enough to design my own stuff so I’m reliant on files already out there

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back