Is this a eel, snake, or whatever and is it bad?

Peter Clark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Medusa worm is almost a Kraken. Thank goodness you survived! I would have screamed like a girl. The OP needs a banner MEDUSA SURVIVOR.
Those things creap me out. Never seen one in person but if I saw one crawling about I certainly would scream.

OP
OP
R

Russell Casey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow such an unexpected end twist. I love it! And we were right about a causality, it just happened to be a phone. Glad you didn't get hurt or have a heart attack. And thank you very much for this fun thread!

Fish sometimes disappear without a trace. May never know what happened to the blenny.
Hi Pete,
Sorry to hear you lost fish as well :(. I hope to find the Blenny but like you said who the hell knows. A hermit crab would only eat him if he was dead right? I have a small hermit and that is it.

OP
OP
R

Russell Casey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those things creap me out. Never seen one in person but if I saw one crawling about I certainly would scream.
Lol.....yes when I flashed the light at it and it went around what I now know is the super glue, it looked like the biggest dang snake you ever saw in my mind lol :).

OP
OP
R

Russell Casey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am with you....the only reason I knew it was a medusa is my friend Garrett told me he thought that what it was, so I looked him up. I had no idea :). See it is times like this I wish I hadn't went to public school :). I would know these things....

OP
OP
R

Russell Casey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heads up with the Medusa. They kind of stumble around and can eventually get into a powerhead. This will, in turn, release the toxins referenced earlier.
cccombs,
I have a protector on the powerhead because I want to get an anemone later, thanks for the heads up though :).

dsinsocal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my hope is if the Blennie is alive that he will see the two cardinals and possibly come out. The ammonia would be out of this world, correct if the Blennie was dead right?

Do you have an open top? If so, have you searched around the floor, or in your canopy? Blennies will jump on occasion.

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm also glad this was solved. As others have stated dont just go poking around before you know exactly what you are posting.

Please post a photo soon as you can. I know I'm still curious to see it.

mtfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great ending. The only thing I don't like about the internet is that a post can be taken the wrong way without ever meaning to because you cannot have the same interaction with words only as a one on one real conversation. From novice to expert, we are all on a continuum of trying to learn new stuff. Glad the OP had fun along with the rest of you.

Wickedfun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Russell for a most entertaining weekend post! I am REALLY glad you didn't die, we noobs have to stick together!!! Good luck with the mini kraken, I do want to see a picture of it in a specimen cup or something...you know..JUST to verify that your wife didn't off you and is posting in your stead. ;-)

seaplane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you got to the bottom of the mystery. Kudos to you for being a stand up guy and taking the ribbing with the good spirit in which it was intended. Sucks about your phone though. Don't give up on the blenny just yet, they can hide in plain sight sometimes when they get into cracks in the rocks.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whew! I knew you weren’t offended and something happened!

About the missing fish, do you have nassarius snails? When my fish die, the snails eat it’s carcass before I have time to even notice it’s gone.

Jamesmost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello all.... Joining late. .
Ran across this last night and passed out reading up to page 5....
First thing this morning started reading again ..
AR first was sure was an eel, then a bubble, then a bubble eel....
I have had interesting hitchhikers,
But a 9 page thread ...

ThePurple12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GUYS! NEW PROBLEM!!!! TAKE A LOOK AT THIS!

31C4E41100000578-3473086-image-a-4_1456931719802.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back