Is this an infection?

eqbal9947

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got back from vacation and my gem has blotches on his top fin and the radiant wrasse has a lot of his fins gone and a big spot on his side. The wrasse is most likely from bullying but the tang is the tank boss and nothing picks on him. All the other fish are fine with nothing similar and all the fish are acting totally fine and eating Well.
The parameters are all fine.
I’m wondering if I should Cipro the whole tank
IMG_8834.jpeg
IMG_8833.jpeg
IMG_8836.jpeg
IMG_8835.jpeg

Kmarshall168

Bearded Dude that likes things in water
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any new fish added before you left? I would be curious if the spot on the side of the wrasse is actually an Injury like it hit something or was fighting

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I just got back from vacation and my gem has blotches on his top fin and the radiant wrasse has a lot of his fins gone and a big spot on his side. The wrasse is most likely from bullying but the tang is the tank boss and nothing picks on him. All the other fish are fine with nothing similar and all the fish are acting totally fine and eating Well.
The parameters are all fine.
I’m wondering if I should Cipro the whole tank
IMG_8834.jpeg
IMG_8833.jpeg
IMG_8836.jpeg
IMG_8835.jpeg
looks to be a bacterial infection and stemmed from an injury from bite or object. I do not and would not recommend cipro which is best left for human use and at times anemone issues but rather doing a water change and treating in a separate tank with Seachem kanaplex or neoplex or in tank with ruby Rally reef which will take longer to act. Seachem best
You say parameters are good, Can you provide numbers?

OP
OP
eqbal9947

eqbal9947

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks to be a bacterial infection and stemmed from an injury from bite or object. I do not and would not recommend cipro which is best left for human use and at times anemone issues but rather doing a water change and treating in a separate tank with Seachem kanaplex or neoplex or in tank with ruby Rally reef which will take longer to act. Seachem best
You say parameters are good, Can you provide numbers?
Nitrate is at 35
Phos .10
Didn’t do ammonia
Alk 8.8
Mag 1400
Cal 440

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Nitrate is at 35
Phos .10
Didn’t do ammonia
Alk 8.8
Mag 1400
Cal 440
Seeing coral in tank. bring nitrate down slightly ( a couple water changes should help). Fr fish, this level is fine. same for phos- acceptable high. Other numbers look good

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 118 42.8%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 133 48.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 12 4.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 2.9%
Back