is this ok for water change?

dr_vinnie_boombatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally use food grade buckets from HD, with a "safe with food" label on them... I figure if it's safe for food should be fine. I believe that will be fine because there is an "LDPE" stamp on the bottom. "HDPE" and "LDPE" are fine

Old post from the great @Randy Holmes-Farley in 2016:
HDPE and LDPE are both polyethylene and will not degrade or otherwise be a problem unless someone mixed something unusual into the plastic. Neither are plasticized for folks who worry about that.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with the 20 gallon brute. In my experience round containers mix better than square

OP
OP
ChrisfromBrick

ChrisfromBrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if it is filled all the way up, is it really 10 full gallons? I know I am nitpicking here, but garbage bins are not made for water. I question whether that can hold a full 10g

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if it is filled all the way up, is it really 10 full gallons? I know I am nitpicking here, but garbage bins are not made for water. I question whether that can hold a full 10g
it can, but if you really want to do 10 gallons at a time, get a bigger container. If you fill it all the way up, the sides will bow out (unless you have a frame or something to support it) and spillage may occur with mixing.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 52 54.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 4.2%
Back