Is this too much flow for SPS

smoothie7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am building a aquatop recife 40 gallon cube for all SPS coral. On my LPS tank, same size, I have a nero 3 wavemaker. Was looking at the Maxspect Gyre XF330. The tank is 22" square. Is this too much of a wavemaker. As mentioned before, this will be a full SPS tank. Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

tedfisher496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am building a aquatop recife 40 gallon cube for all SPS coral. On my LPS tank, same size, I have a nero 3 wavemaker. Was looking at the Maxspect Gyre XF330. The tank is 22" square. Is this too much of a wavemaker. As mentioned before, this will be a full SPS tank. Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.
you can never have too much flow in a sps dom tank. as they grow the flow will have to increase. you may actually need another wave maker to eliminate dead / low flow area's.

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can never have too much flow in a sps dom tank. as they grow the flow will have to increase. you may actually need another wave maker to eliminate dead / low flow area's.
You can never have too much INDIRECT flow. You can definitely rip flesh off acros with too much direct flow.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back