ISO Clownfish System advice

Jaygalindo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have built a Fish rack that is 8’Lx2’Wx6’H and is 2 tiers. What size tanks and how many would you put in this system for fry, grow out and brood stock. Right now I currently have two pairs and am looking to add a few more.

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well....what are you trying to do? How long is the fry growout? What types of broodstock do you have/want to get? What's your long-term goal?

OP
OP
Jaygalindo

Jaygalindo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looking to make a system that is efficient and big enough to handle my pairs. I already have an established frag system in place so this would be another venture to run along side the coral aspect. Currently have Darwin pair and a Wyoming white pair. Looking to add some black storms and mochas

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it looks like you'll want 4 broodstock tanks. You can probably house them in 10 gallon tanks if they're hooked up to a main filtration system. That's 4x (20"x10"), and since they're 2 feet wide, that means they're going to occupy around 40" of space if you position them so that you're facing the narrow end. But let's be safe and say they take up 44 inches of space, since they'll also need to account for the rims of the tanks as well.

Next is fry: what are you planning on raising them in? Kreisels? Black Round Tubs?

For Growout: how long does it take for clownfish fry to reach a sellable size and color?

You'll also need to take into account a central filtration system, or if you want to filter everything tank by tank. Do you already have a rotifer/brine shrimp/phytoplankton station?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 44 44.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 35 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back