It finally arrived. Innovative Marine 75 EXT new build thread.

OP
OP
B&CinB.C.

B&CinB.C.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally have some time to work on the tank .I decided not to run two pumps right now but plumbed a tee in the return line for one if I decide I want one in the future. I'm thinking I will. Also plumbed in a manifold with two 1/2 inch ball valves for extra equipment. Hoping to start setting up the RODI system tomorrow.

Attachments

• Tank pumbing with manifold.jpg
    Tank pumbing with manifold.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 11

Outlaw Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome I’ve been thinking of getting one of those also but I’m black, they did a great job on the plumbing with the 3 valves, the only thing i don’t like is they used gate valves, i much rather have ball valves

OP
OP
B&CinB.C.

B&CinB.C.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome I’ve been thinking of getting one of those also but I’m black, they did a great job on the plumbing with the 3 valves, the only thing i don’t like is they used gate valves, i much rather have ball valves
I put the manifold in the plumbing that was included with the tank myself. The only gate valve is the main drain control . The other three are tru-union ball valves. There are unions on both ends and on the valves If there's a problem or I want to change something.
I'm new at saltwater tanks and external plumbing . Still trying to figure things out.

OP
OP
B&CinB.C.

B&CinB.C.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 6 of cycling. Ammonia is at 1.5 , the same as yesterday. PH is holding at 8 as it's been since the start . Nitrite is up to .1, higher than yesterday. What I don't understand is the nitrates are at ten. Shouldn't the ammonia drop to near zero before this happens?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 119 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back