Jebao pump for mixing station

tcorrell02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am building a mixing station soon and bought a new/used jebao 3000 pump for it. Has anyone used a jebao for theirs and can post pics of how the hooked the pvc to it.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find that jebao pumps are not ideal when used as an external pump. The way the volute is sealed to the motor housing via an o-ring, doesn't lend itself the best water tight seal. Plus the volute is fairly thin plastic which doesn't help.

You'll have to be mindful of that.

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am building a mixing station soon and bought a new/used jebao 3000 pump for it. Has anyone used a jebao for theirs and can post pics of how the hooked the pvc to it.

You use the slip fittings that should come with the pump, unless you got the version which does not have it.

If thats the case, you probably need to go on amazon, contact CNZ Lighting, as i think they are a main distributor for jebao, and ask if you can buy the slip fittings for your pump seperately.

But it would look like this:

pump3.JPG

Then just use pvc cement, and glue to the slip fittings.

The o-ring would go on the inlet, and then a compression ring would compress the oring on the inlet and slip fitting forming a tight seal.

Remember do not forget the oring, this is the #1 reason why people complain it leaks, but its like a Union, just need a good amount of tightness on the compression ring, and make sure your pvc cement is cured and applied properly.

Last edited:

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way the volute is sealed to the motor housing via an o-ring

actually some of them are bolted/screwed compressing that oring.

I am thinking your talking about the impeller chamber and volute and the housing that usually twists on and off to get access to the impeller?

The bigger ones, and ones i think they thought would be run externally are fastened with a Stainless fastner.

pump4.JPG

you can see the fastners on this guy.

JaRRoT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ja zastosowałem grubszą uszczelkę ta oryginaln została wyrzucona i zmieniona na nową, wszystko działa jak należy, nic nie przecieka, wszystko jest szczelne

Attachments

• 20240310_082449.jpg
    20240310_082449.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
tcorrell02

tcorrell02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You use the slip fittings that should come with the pump, unless you got the version which does not have it.

If thats the case, you probably need to go on amazon, contact CNZ Lighting, as i think they are a main distributor for jebao, and ask if you can buy the slip fittings for your pump seperately.

But it would look like this:

pump3.JPG

Then just use pvc cement, and glue to the slip fittings.

The o-ring would go on the inlet, and then a compression ring would compress the oring on the inlet and slip fitting forming a tight seal.

Remember do not forget the oring, this is the #1 reason why people complain it leaks, but its like a Union, just need a good amount of tightness on the compression ring, and make sure your pvc cement is cured and applied properly.
Perfect, that was my concern, the slip fitting not being able to be glued to the pvc. Wasn't sure of the material used in the slip.

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I run a Jebao DCP-10000 on my mixing station. I use 2 60gallon containers. I dont know if your pump is going to have enough oomf

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
actually some of them are bolted/screwed compressing that oring.

I am thinking your talking about the impeller chamber and volute and the housing that usually twists on and off to get access to the impeller?

The bigger ones, and ones i think they thought would be run externally are fastened with a Stainless fastner.

pump4.JPG

you can see the fastners on this guy.
I think it's mostly about the type of plastic chosen for the volute. It's on the thin and brittle side, which doesn't lend itself to keeping a seal long term.

Admittedly, I used jebao pumps with metal fasteners for my mixing station, and every single one of them begin to leak after a few years. And it's always the seal between the volute and motor.
Mostly that the volute got brittle and couldn't maintain the seal. There was more than one that the tab for the screw cracked.

In my book they don't get a high rating as an external pump.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back