Jebao RW stopping by itself

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pump is plugged in, but it just stops on it’s own after a few minutes. To get it to start again, I have to change the settings on the remote, but then it stops again after a few minutes.

I have 3 in total, and I never cleaned them, but only one is acting up like this.

image.jpg

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With those models, once it does that it's ready for the trash. Get the newest model as thise are actually quite reliable.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I concur on cleaning.

Side note: probably won't help you with this problem, but I'm running RW15's on my system now since 2015. Great pump, but the controllers aren't the greatest. After a year of use I had one do this.

I replaced the controllers with a now discontinued controller, the JB wave controller. Ever since they have been flawless. Now if the JB controller craps on me (knock on wood!) I'll have to consider a different controller or a different set of pumps.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cleaned the pump...annnnnnnd it still doesn’t work. I guess out the trash it is.

I have 2 jebao ow-50 that I bought this February. They have both been doing great for me, but with the rw breaking, I’m kinda afraid to get more jebao.

Are the ow-50 more reliable?

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 of the ow 50 and they seem better built, quiter, etc but the flow is a bit more narrower. I've had mine for a year thus far.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have a couple rw's that I bought just to mix saltwater that have crapped out on me in just a few months time.
Seems to be normal with these.

Cameronk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Had 2 do the same thing on me, i ended up throwing them away. Luckily they are relatively cheap.

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 PP-8 power heads running for 18 months now. So far I have not have any issue with them. I clean them every month or so though as you should with any pump. I also have an old model Jeboa/Speed Wave DC pump that has been running no issues for the same 18 months. I dont clean it as often and I bought it used. Imo Jebao makes a decent product for the price.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back