Jebao SCP-120M WiFi

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a comcast Xfi Xb3 modem/router. It automatically decides whether your device gets 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz. It will not allow me to split the networks and of course Jebao Aqua needs the 2.4 GHz connection.

I’d rather connect my pump/controller via the Xb3 but failing that if I dig out one of my old 2.4 GHz routers and I connect it via Ethernet to the Xb3; will it get recognized by the 2.4 GHz side of the Xb3? Has anyone tried anything like that to access the 2.4 GHz side of the Xb3 or newer comcast gateways?

If that won’t work can I just use the 2.4 GHz wireless router to get the app to work without internet access?

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I have a comcast Xfi Xb3 modem/router. It automatically decides whether your device gets 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz. It will not allow me to split the networks and of course Jebao Aqua needs the 2.4 GHz connection.

I’d rather connect my pump/controller via the Xb3 but failing that if I dig out one of my old 2.4 GHz routers and I connect it via Ethernet to the Xb3; will it get recognized by the 2.4 GHz side of the Xb3? Has anyone tried anything like that to access the 2.4 GHz side of the Xb3 or newer comcast gateways?

If that won’t work can I just use the 2.4 GHz wireless router to get the app to work without internet access?
Do you have a device you can set up a hotspot? I can choose 2.4 or 5 when I set one up. I set up a guest network on my main router. I shut it off and name my hotspot the same and same password. Use another tablet or device to connect to the hotspot and do the setup. Then turn the guest network back on.

You could also plug your old router into your current router as a AP.

Again once you get through the setup, you can use your regular 2.4/5 Ghz network just fine. The initial setup is a pain, but the wavemakers are great.

OP
OP
Fishy888

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just have a regular Wi-Fi router, no hotspot. I’m going to try and piggyback off of the Comcast modem/router using an older router. I might have one that can speak to the Comcast modem on 5 GHz and to the pump on 2.4 GHz. I’ll have to dig out my gear later and check that. Thank you all for your help!

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I just have a regular Wi-Fi router, no hotspot. I’m going to try and piggyback off of the Comcast modem/router using an older router. I might have one that can speak to the Comcast modem on 5 GHz and to the pump on 2.4 GHz. I’ll have to dig out my gear later and check that. Thank you all for your help!
Can you turn hotspot on your phone or other tablet? Set up a network with the same name as your current wifi.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 170 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.1%
Back