JOIN US THIS SAT & SUN FOR OUR LIVE SALE WEEKEND EVENT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 11, Members: 0, Guests: 11)

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How/how often are you adding phyto? I recently started using Reef Nutrition Phytofeast and saw a positive response from my corals. It's now a regular part of my daily feeding.
I try to remember to add it every night after lights off.

I’ve also noticed it helps keep my nitrates from getting to high….on the other end if I’m not feeding the fish enough then we have the opposite problem

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How/how often are you adding phyto? I recently started using Reef Nutrition Phytofeast and saw a positive response from my corals. It's now a regular part of my daily feeding.
And I’ve tried multiple different brands of phyto. Reef Nutrition is my favorite. Although availability of single strain bottles of yellow(gold) and red phytos through certain companies makes me think I may add those into the mix as well. I went down a small rabbit hole reading about the benefits of those types. The reds are supposed to be very beneficial when it comes to color for corals - and fish who eat pods that eat red phyto….

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I try to remember to add it every night after lights off.

I’ve also noticed it helps keep my nitrates from getting to high….on the other end if I’m not feeding the fish enough then we have the opposite problem
My issue is low nutrients. My colonies suck them out fast so I have to dose. What I do is just add the Phytofeast to my water when I mix my frozen. That way it gets added every time I feed the fish.

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My issue is low nutrients. My colonies suck them out fast so I have to dose. What I do is just add the Phytofeast to my water when I mix my frozen. That way it gets added every time I feed the fish.
Yes! I just about bottomed out my nutrients and I did have a Dino problem for a short time. Due to the type of Dino’s I was able to correct it fairly quickly with dosing neonitro and neophos + two rounds of siphoning the sand bed into a 5micron filter

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
And I’ve tried multiple different brands of phyto. Reef Nutrition is my favorite. Although availability of single strain bottles of yellow(gold) and red phytos through certain companies makes me think I may add those into the mix as well. I went down a small rabbit hole reading about the benefits of those types. The reds are supposed to be very beneficial when it comes to color for corals - and fish who eat pods that eat red phyto….
Thing is, Reef Nutrition is by far the cheapest out there too. Their concentrations are ridiculously higher than what people are cooking up in buckets. Something silly like 20x more phyto per ounce than some of the leading brands. You have to use a fraction of theirs compared to the others.

Full disclosure, I do digital design for them from time to time but I saw the third party study that was done and the results were wild. I asked them why aren't they getting that info out more haha

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yes! I just about bottomed out my nutrients and I did have a Dino problem for a short time. Due to the type of Dino’s I was able to correct it fairly quickly with dosing neonitro and neophos + two rounds of siphoning the sand bed into a 5micron filter
I've had that happen a handful of times. You don't need to worry about syphoning out the dinos unless they're harming corals. Get your nitrates back above 5ppm and they'll go away on their own. Or rather, they'll go into remission. There's no such thing as a reef tank that doesn't have dinos in the water.

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
All I see is bananas
ban.gif

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 101 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 79 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.3%
Back