Just bought a tank

jakesReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m introducing myself. I’m Jake. I have fallen in infatuation with corals the reefs and the fish. Mostly due to the the bleaching that’s occurring but visiting a fish store in Miami certainly helped. I went there and took pictures 6 months ago and went earlier this month and compared. Couldn’t believe how well the corals had grown in just 5 months. I have a tank but literally nothing else. Just a strong desire for knowledge and to prepare my mind for beginning a tank. My goal is an ecosystem that feeds and cleans itself. Probably only a few different corals. Would like real large mature examples. Sorry for the long winded introduction. Thanks for being a community! I attached photos that inspired me from that tank in miami

IMG_0666.jpeg IMG_4261.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Tha Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m introducing myself. I’m Jake. I have fallen in infatuation with corals the reefs and the fish. Mostly due to the the bleaching that’s occurring but visiting a fish store in Miami certainly helped. I went there and took pictures 6 months ago and went earlier this month and compared. Couldn’t believe how well the corals had grown in just 5 months. I have a tank but literally nothing else. Just a strong desire for knowledge and to prepare my mind for beginning a tank. My goal is an ecosystem that feeds and cleans itself. Probably only a few different corals. Would like real large mature examples. Sorry for the long winded introduction. Thanks for being a community! I attached photos that inspired me from that tank in miami

Welcome to the form. Nice collection

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Beautiful start! These are my two tanks. If you want a stunning reef with big colonies ask @vetteguy53081 for a picture of his tank! Stunning with the coral and he has beautiful bright colored fish!!

My 70 is kind of turning into a predator tank with my lionfish and marine betta in it… lol. But I have zoas, mushrooms, cloves, hammers, goni, GSP, BTAs, and some leathers!

My 125 is newer so not as many corals. Just a leather, mushrooms, zoas and a hammer!

Attachments

• 7A014C9B-56B6-4601-ACEF-5E3604379E95.jpeg
    7A014C9B-56B6-4601-ACEF-5E3604379E95.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 66D3E360-0CE6-4A42-BE86-498DF974A812.jpeg
    66D3E360-0CE6-4A42-BE86-498DF974A812.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 28

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi jake and welcome to r2r
You have come to the right place with others that have been bitten by the reefing bug .
It’s addictive and never goes away .

My only advice is take your time and throughly research everything you want to stock obsessively before committing to purchasing it .

If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask for advice , that’s what here here for

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 42.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 60 35.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 26 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back