Just thought I'd share this article

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In that docu, I found it odd they said that. Granted I don’t know what that means or if those said colonies are still surviving, but the funny thing is if someone had a wild colony like that and colored it up to those colors in their home aquarium, we’d say “oww and ahh!” I mean look at how vivid the purple, yellow and blue are. So are they mistaken about the coloring or fluorescing or am I really not understanding something?

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In that docu, I found it odd they said that. Granted I don’t know what that means or if those said colonies are still surviving, but the funny thing is if someone had a wild colony like that and colored it up to those colors in their home aquarium, we’d say “oww and ahh!” I mean look at how vivid the purple, yellow and blue are. So are they mistaken about the coloring or fluorescing or am I really not understanding something?

The shift in color to "pale vivid" is a indicator of the coral in distress or on death's door due to the temperature.

In home aquariums, this happens similar when running ULNS. Running a ULNS tank is like a razors edge.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The shift in color to "pale vivid" is a indicator of the coral in distress or on death's door due to the temperature.

In home aquariums, this happens similar when running ULNS. Running a ULNS tank is like a razors edge.

I’m with you on that, but the docu made it seem like it perhaps wasn’t that color to begin with and then all of a sudden started fluorescing those colors (as in brown or perhaps pale-if you look at the colonies next to them they’re all dead or pale-). The docu didn’t state whether they were blue or purple or yellow to begin with and started to become those lighter colors.

And tbh, the pics they posted in the articles look good.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 38 37.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 54 52.9%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 3.9%
Back