K7 Pro III settings to match metal halide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TimG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have the K7 Pro III settings to replicate the spectrum of a 250W metal halide bulb?
Ushio 10k
XM 10k

JoeyBagadonuts

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested to see some settings as well. I just got my lights and spent some time playing around with @BeanAnimal profile generator. I was running 2 150w Phoenix MH with B+/C+ T5 supplement. I feel like I was able to come up with a profile to get the same colors at the peak time, at least visually. But it would be nice to see other attempts.

JoeyBagadonuts

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a profile that gives a whiter look, at least at peak time for a few hours. Similar look to when my halides were on. Then it drops off to a blue plus look, then a rave, and then some moonlight. I just modified the LPS setting some. I like a more natural look for the peak. Like overhead sun at noon. Once it starts ramping down I can start turning the club music up. lol.
JR.PhxB+.12.3.23.v2.jpg

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a profile that gives a whiter look, at least at peak time for a few hours. Similar look to when my halides were on. Then it drops off to a blue plus look, then a rave, and then some moonlight. I just modified the LPS setting some. I like a more natural look for the peak. Like overhead sun at noon. Once it starts ramping down I can start turning the club music up. lol.
JR.PhxB+.12.3.23.v2.jpg
can u post a pic of the tank when its at peak ?

JoeyBagadonuts

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is one. It does not do it justice at all since it is an unfiltered, unedited iPhone shot. But it is a little brighter/whiter in person, and a little less purple also. Load it in the app and run it as a demo to see how it looks with yours. I’d be interested to hear what you think.
IMG_3121.jpeg

ausgus09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JR.PhxB+.12.3.23.v2.jpg
Are you able to share any screenshots of the levels you used for this?

JoeyBagadonuts

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

JoeyBagadonuts : can you share pct of each color ...? I cant access the qr thingy​

No worries. Below is the breakdown. At no point do I use the red channel. I plan on getting it up to 100% blue/cyan with everything except for red going up at the same ratio.

9am Blue/Cyan 15% UV 8%

10am Blue/Cyan 35% UV 25% Green 25% White 6%

11am Blue/Cyan 85% UV 40% Green 55% White 10%

12pm-3pm Blue/Cyan 85% UV 40% Green 55% White 55%

4pm White drops to 10%

7pm Blue/Cyan 35% UV 35% Green 25% White 6%

8pm-10pm Blue/Cyan 15% UV 8% Green 15% White 0%

JoeyBagadonuts

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok , excellent ...

would love to see a pic of ur tank during this time frame....
I don’t have a filter for my iPhone, so the colors aren’t accurate. It is definitely a lot less purple and a lot brighter in person. Unfiltered shot does not do it justice. The color renditions are crisp. Not washed out with too much blue or white. And it’s interesting how nice the reds and orange come out considering that channel isn’t on.
IMG_3388.jpeg

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice , Joey.... currently i'm running whites @ 100 pct blue/cyan =75pct all others on 50 % .... my anemones seem to like it that way for now.

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
about 14 k ...nice... algae is minimal ..just a little on sponge prefilters and powerhead ..I have a great bunch of tangs that keep everything else looking spotless

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 68 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 62 27.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 47 21.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 20.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back