Kalk stirrer on AIO system, question about plumbing into tank.

Vdlibrtr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought an Avast Kalk stirrer, im wondering though if ill have any issues running it up to the AIO section of my tank from beneath in the cabinet. I plan on having my Versa slowly fill the kalk constantly so it doses a very small amount all day. on the outlet ill have a check valve, and the drip line will have about a 4ft climb to the tank, im just worried for some reason it would struggle making that journey and fill up the canister undearneath which isn't water tight at the top.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

ReefStable

Reef Stable
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately that won't work. The lid only sits on top of the stirer, and there are holes. It will not be able to climb at all. It will overflow before climbing. The stirer needs to be above the sump (or tank) it is adding to.

Here is the description from their product page for reference :)
---
"Note that our stirrers are non-pressurized chambers; water enters through a 1/4" John Guest fitting in the lid and gravity drains out into your sump through the 1/2" union barb fitting in the side. The lid is not fixed in place; it lifts off for quick and easy kalk powder refills."
---

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 60 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 44 21.4%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 23 11.2%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 72 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back