Keeping Track of what is in the tank

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s what I’ve done, I’ve got one for both tanks.
IMG_0186.jpeg

I have way too many fish to remember the names of and I always forget one when I get asked about my own stocking list.

Maebh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To most this sounds stupid but I suffer from OCD, ADD and ADHD.. I have over 10 coral, frags, shrimp, snails, clams.... the list goes on. I was wondeing if anyone had a system down for keeping a binder of some sorts to always have that info on hand? To most this is easy but im having a heck of a time so please be nice.. lol Thanks in advance.
I'm in the exact same boat! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: Dont worry, it doesn't sound stupid at all! I have an Inhabitant google doc with the headings: fish, corals, inverts, macroalgae and hitchikers. I've only sub divided corals into zoas, sps, and softies (excluding zoas). I havent set this part up, but I'm thinking of having all of those in a table with the other headings being: food, light, flow, aggresion etc. Hope this helps!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep a diary, old fashioned notebook and pen.
I'm older school and use a pencil. All my notes, appointments, inventions and everything else I need to do is in a spiral notebook or a regular notebook which we had before someone invented spiral notebooks. :anguished-face:
Paul, can you share a few pictures of
your tank?
I can, but there are dozens of pictures on these forums going back to when they invented computers and decades before. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I have way too many fish to remember the names of
Some of my fish are over 30 years old so I certainly have no idea how many or what I have.

This is a brand new computer and didn't figure out yet how to transfer my pictures over from my old computer so not much on here. I have a few.

l

I just took this now.

42124.jpg

Attachments

• FTS April 24.jpg
    FTS April 24.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 10

sky414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the AquariumKeeper app. It's free and it lets you put in livestock, corals, equipment, parameters, etc. You can even list the cost of everything if you want to track that as well.

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In smaller tanks, it is easy to do this. In larger tanks... you may be able to track fish and corals but there is no way you can track how many hermit crabs or snails survived from each batch years down the road.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 99 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.9%
Back