Kessil A80 for a 7 gallon??

M3d1C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so I have a Lifeguard 7 gallon slant front nano reef I've just started. I'm looking at replacing the Lifeguard Aquatics LED light that came with the tank with a Kessil A80, gooseneck and Spectral Controller for ease of use and the awesome shimmer effect. My questions are this... 1) Does the Kessil gooseneck keep the light at a decent level above the water? My tank is only 10.5 inches deep after all. (2 Is there a lot of light spillage into the room? 3) Do you think it will be worth it with the slanted front glass?

20200209_154256.jpg

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a kessil a80 although I don't have a controller I had heard they are a pain to use but that's what Ive heard, anyways mine makes a bit of light splash depending on how dark the room is. A seven gallon tank I think the goose neck will work fine above the tank its a great light

OP
OP
M3d1C

M3d1C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a kessil a80 although I don't have a controller I had heard they are a pain to use but that's what Ive heard, anyways mine makes a bit of light splash depending on how dark the room is. A seven gallon tank I think the goose neck will work fine above the tank its a great light
Awesome! Thank you!

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank with an A80 over it on my desk at work. The mini gooseneck puts the light about 7-8" over the water.

OP
OP
M3d1C

M3d1C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank with an A80 over it on my desk at work. The mini gooseneck puts the light about 7-8" over the water.
Would you happen to have pictures of your tank with the light and the corals you have? I'd love to see it!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 194 71.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back