Klein's Butterfly taking a liking to my Zoas

Gho5t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my Kliens for years and it never bothered other LPS I've had, but for some reason he decided to start picking off some new zoas and nipping at some frog spawn. Is time for him to be re-homed or are there ways to discourage him from eating all the new shiny stuff. I tried telling him no in a stern voice but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my Kliens for years and it never bothered other LPS I've had, but for some reason he decided to start picking off some new zoas and nipping at some frog spawn. Is time for him to be re-homed or are there ways to discourage him from eating all the new shiny stuff. I tried telling him no in a stern voice but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

"No" only works if you stick head in water first otherwise he wont understand.

OP
OP
Gho5t

Gho5t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talk to my LFS today and they said they'd take him so it's been a good run but I'm going to re-home him. I'm looking to grow out my corals so him taking a liking to them isn't in the plans unfortunately.

OP
OP
Gho5t

Gho5t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I had an aiotasia outbreak a few years ago and he made quick work of them. But they’re long gone and he’s been fine till now. I knew it was probably just a matter of time. I do wish I could keep angels though. They have some of the most amazing coloration.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back