Klir Filter Roll Binding

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a Klir 7 and had to change my first filter roll after about 6 weeks!

I replaced the roll with a fresh one and carefully threaded the filter through the housing. After it was placed back in the sump I had the motor advance the filter and everything was running smoothly. About a week later the filter seems to be binding every day or two. I can “release” the filter by pulling on it and loosening it up. So I advance the roller and I make sure that the “fresh” filter roll is moving too. Everything seems to be okay. And then a day or two later it binds up again. I’ve looked for critters and can’t find any.

Would appreciate any thoughts of suggestions

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Michael@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a Klir 7 and had to change my first filter roll after about 6 weeks!

I replaced the roll with a fresh one and carefully threaded the filter through the housing. After it was placed back in the sump I had the motor advance the filter and everything was running smoothly. About a week later the filter seems to be binding every day or two. I can “release” the filter by pulling on it and loosening it up. So I advance the roller and I make sure that the “fresh” filter roll is moving too. Everything seems to be okay. And then a day or two later it binds up again. I’ve looked for critters and can’t find any.

Would appreciate any thoughts of suggestions

Sorry your having troubles ... yes please head over to www.coralvue.com/support and submit a ticket. Likewise, you can email us directly at [email protected]. One of the reps will be able to help you efficiently. Thank you!
:)

OP
OP
M

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry your having troubles ... yes please head over to www.coralvue.com/support and submit a ticket. Likewise, you can email us directly at [email protected]. One of the reps will be able to help you efficiently. Thank you!
:)
@Peace River and Michael. Thanks for your reply. I did reach out to CoralVue support and worked through the issue with Angie. She was super helpful, and is sending me some new parts to try. Hopefully, we have a solution.

I will say that CoralVue support was really responsive and helpful!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 41 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 148 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back