know any good LFS in SE Michigan

fishnerd1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to the hobby and live in Howell, Mi. It's 45 minutes drive anywhere with SW so I'd like to save some serching time. I like to spend one day every weekend talking and looking with LFS but it's difficult to find good ones. Sure you folks know the best hot spots in Detroit, Lansing, AA or Flint areas. Already found Preus in Lansing, nice place.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think cherry corals is over there they have tons of sick things to pick from, they only bring in the finest.

NeveroddoreveN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try digging through the sponsors on one of the local boards like MichiganReefers or Captive Reefs. Most vendors in MI will be there.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kee's Aquarium & Reef Solutions are on the east side. Tropicorium, Pet Connection, & Cherry Corals on the west side.

OP
OP
F

fishnerd1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already found Kee's and am targeting Tropicorium this weekend. Found Cherry corals on line but not an address, emailed them for info.

Any other good places between Lansing, flint and Detroit - or even Toledo. May seem like a long drive but for those of us that live in the country an hour drive is nothing unusual.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cherry Corals is by appointment only, so you would need to set that up with Tod, or Brett(Brent? I forget LOL)

emureef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There reef paradise in flint. Pet connection in livonia. Moby's in waterford. Fish doctors in Canton and Ypsi. Trop but they are a bit pricey. Kee's is a great place.

I recommend Reef paradise, pet connection and kee's.

Anthony Calfo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Preuss' is one of the nicest overall pet shops you'll find across the nation. The staff is actually trained and the owner is one of the most dedicated (and good hearted) supporters of conservation, science and the hobby I have ever met in twenty years. Definitely worth the occasional drive to see.

RogerWilco357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haven't tried kee's yet but trop and pet connection are very nice as is fish doctors all there sites i go to the canton site. i have bought alot of sps from pet connection dave and ken can get you what ever you need.
Roger

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 88 44.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 27 13.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back