Kole tang sick. It doesn't seem like ich?

caseytatum44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I noticed my kole tang acting unusual a few days ago, it's eating well and is active but is "spazzing" out and being very repetitive in eating algae off the glass in the same spot over and over. There is noticeable discoloration on his face and some on his mid section. To me it doesn't look like what ich is described as but I am fairly new to the hobby. The discoloration is lighter than his normal color but isn't protruding from his body at all.

Could this be an anemone sting? The anemone recently moved to a spot where the tang frequently grazes.
I did a large water change today and have been making sure to offer him plenty of nori. Unfortunately I do not have a quarantine tank up and ready but I could put him in a large brute container if needed.

I feed him new life spectrum pellets regulary. Anyone have any ideas? Water chemistry is fine.

idpU9Ur.jpg

Tx Medic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no idea bud my yellow eye kole died last night with no warning. It was my first tang so I do not have much experience I hope some of the pro's can help.

OP
OP
C

caseytatum44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could it be the start of HLLE?

It really doesn't seem like that from what I'm reading. To me it looks more like a scrape on the rocks or something but it looks like it got worse. Is ich more white dots not just discoloration?

Thanks for the responses guys, it's my favorite fish with a great personality would hate to lose him.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 27 15.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.3%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 104 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back