Kraken reef Waterbox 35.2 lid

pnwreefer22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking of ordering this lid. My question is, the gap that allows for cords to pass through on the back next to the “false wall” of the AIO filtration chambers.. is the gap large enough for a fish to get through? My whole motivation for purchasing this lid is to keep my starry blenny from “hopping the fence” and getting into the filtration chamber. Little sucker done it two days in a row now.

Oh side note, the feeding cutout cover that it comes with for add on, does the feeding cover sit flush (making it hard to lift up?) or does it have a lip or hinge to grab. FYI I’m not talking about the lid itself, just the circular “cover” that comes with if I opt to get the feeding cutout but not the feeding cup.

If you have this lid, let me know what you think.

TIA

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking of ordering this lid. My question is, the gap that allows for cords to pass through on the back next to the “false wall” of the AIO filtration chambers.. is the gap large enough for a fish to get through? My whole motivation for purchasing this lid is to keep my starry blenny from “hopping the fence” and getting into the filtration chamber. Little sucker done it two days in a row now.

Oh side note, the feeding cutout cover that it comes with for add on, does the feeding cover sit flush (making it hard to lift up?) or does it have a lip or hinge to grab. FYI I’m not talking about the lid itself, just the circular “cover” that comes with if I opt to get the feeding cutout but not the feeding cup.

TIA
nope, the gap is tiny on my 15 gal, maybe like 1/2-2/3 of an inch

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of those lids for my daughter's 20G WB cube. It's a tiny gap in the back. Also, the feeding circle cover is easy to take off. He makes great lids. I also bought a snap-on guard for the overflow and a cup that fits in the filter sock hole (that I put some filter floss in) from him (at least I think it was him) that were great add-ons for the tank

OP
OP
P

pnwreefer22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of those lids for my daughter's 20G WB cube. It's a tiny gap in the back. Also, the feeding circle cover is easy to take off. He makes great lids. I also bought a snap-on guard for the overflow and a cup that fits in the filter sock hole (that I put some filter floss in) from him (at least I think it was him) that were great add-ons for the tank
Thank you! I wanted to add on the filter cups but they are unfortunately out of stock

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is pricey, but it's good. However, you can always make your own using the BRS kit. I did that for a few tanks over the years and they worked great. Also a great learning experience

glency

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

TIA
Did you ever get one? I've got a used one I don't need.

Back