Large Aquarium Plumbing

Spike2484

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! Long story short, I’ve been running a 210g tank with 45g sump for a couple years now and all has worked out decently, however, I just found out I’ll be moving soon and so I want to take the time to prepare some improvements on my tank. Specifically I’m looking for some plumbing and flow improvements. Right now a run a Reeflo Dart/Snapper return pump and 4 MP40’s for flow along with internal dual herbie drains, but I continue to have dead spots in flow and the drains quickly become noisy. For those that love their large setup plumbing and flows please share what works well for you! Pictures would be appreciated! Thanks so much ahead of time!

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey all! Long story short, I’ve been running a 210g tank with 45g sump for a couple years now and all has worked out decently, however, I just found out I’ll be moving soon and so I want to take the time to prepare some improvements on my tank. Specifically I’m looking for some plumbing and flow improvements. Right now a run a Reeflo Dart/Snapper return pump and 4 MP40’s for flow along with internal dual herbie drains, but I continue to have dead spots in flow and the drains quickly become noisy. For those that love their large setup plumbing and flows please share what works well for you! Pictures would be appreciated! Thanks so much ahead of time!

Bump. Same tank and also sniffing around for pics.

I’m planning a smallish pump on my return with a bean animal overflow. So far for flow I’ve got three MP40s and then a few Sicce wave pumps to fill the gaps.

I’m going to do a negative space aquascape with plenty of open space at the top of the tank so SPS have growing room.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back