Large tanks with a focus on small inhabitants?

Garpgarp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suppose "large" depends on what you're use to. I'm just wondering if anyone has specific examples of or experience with tanks dedicated to tiny creatures? Rather than being stocked around minimum sizes, or a mixture of large and small. The closest I've seen are clownfish harems.

Half a dozen gobiodon in a tank big enough to avoid aggression?

A significant school of dwarf cardinals?

A swarm of sexy shrimp?

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suppose "large" depends on what you're use to. I'm just wondering if anyone has specific examples of or experience with tanks dedicated to tiny creatures? Rather than being stocked around minimum sizes, or a mixture of large and small. The closest I've seen are clownfish harems.

A swarm of sexy shrimp?
I suppose micro algae growing on a microscope slide is not what you were looking for :)

Fishyfish22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

A swarm of sexy shrimp?
I actually love having smaller organisms in my tank, the goal is a group of Rainsford gobies that swim along the bottom, in addition to that I want to add a group of Dartfish.

I may be wrong but I believe that most of your options are gobies. Neon gobies are awesome, yashas are too. there's enough variety though that you could avoid aggression in a big enough tank. a few yasha's, a dozen rainsfords, get some blennies and a nice sized group of royal grammas.

I wish I could do sexy shrimp but I know a few of my fish will just find them as an expensive snack. if Clown or Citrus gobies weren't so detrimental to SPS I'd go for them. Cardinals and anthias unfortunately always get big over time, as most fish do. even damselfish can get pretty big.

prawn or yasha gobies are cool. I have a harlequin shrimp but even then I only see it once a week, if I'm lucky.

OP
OP
G

Garpgarp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not quite :grinning-face-with-sweat: But I'd be impressed if somebody managed to maintain a "display" of microorganisms, given how volatile they can be. I remember seeing a thread with somebody trying to culture something along the lines of a green cyano from a hypersaline lake.
I suppose micro algae growing on a microscope slide is not what you were looking for :)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 28 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 105 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.2%
Back