Lawnmower + Midas Blenny?

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cycled a new tank and then added the first critters: a Midas Blenny and McCosker's Wrasse.

I'll eventually be moving over corals and fish from an existing 3 yr old tank - can the Lawnmower Blenny from this tank be placed with the Midas Blenny? Existing tank is 28g, new tank is 65g.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You never know how one blenny is going to react with another blenny. They both see each other as competitors for the same/similar food sources. Some are OK, others take the caveman approach and attempt to destroy the intruder. Be prepared to re-home one of them. Best of luck.

408Dartfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 60g tank with a midas and lawn mower. My midas is one of my first fish and biggest about 9 months ago. Got the lawn mower a few months later about an inch shorter. Haven’t seen much aggression from the midas unless goes close to his cave, midas moves everything out of his area. Over the last few weeks though the lawn mower has shown interest in meaty foods but has learned to stay away from the midas. This just my experience as in all Fish are different.

OP
OP
neoGeorge

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks - with this in mind I'm going to re-home the lawnmower (he's a beautiful full grown specimen and a voracious meat eater!)

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 52 20.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 188 73.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.7%
Back