Layout for Apex. Does it look ok?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Never owned an Apex so I need your input. I am doing a panel for inside the stand and wanted to know if this layout looked good or what would you change. Thanks!

IMG_9252.jpg

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would the sumo be right under it?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The sump will be at the back and this will be on the right hand side of the tank so no.

secretreefer

**MAD PHANTOM SCIENTIST**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im in the same boat. got my apex months ago, set it up on the computer but haven't had the time to mount everything and plug everything in. grrrrr....

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say you look great then. I was just saying if it was you might want a cover a few inch's of the side of the sump under it with Acrylic to protect from salt creep and splash. Run some of this little adhesive things vortech's come with along the top to keep all the wiring nice and everything will be great. Have you ever thought about the face plate and cut the stand so the Apex is visible from the out side? The plate will keep it flush and cover the seems.

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to mount this directly to your stand Rev or mount to a "backer board" which will attach to stand? So this will be inside of the stand, on the right hand side? If you are going to mount it on the inside of the stand on one of the sides, you could mount this to a backer board and could notch out some "lines" in the back of the backer with a router (to hide the wires). And you could cut out the opening behind the "control module" and mount a hinge to the right hand side so that the controller can always face the front for easy viewing when you open the cabinet doors (or it could lay flat against the board if you desire). Just thinking out loud. The layout itself is fine. Was just thinking this would be a good idea to hide the wires (which will be a LOT).

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would put the display in easier view. That way every time you pass by the tank you can just glance at it....

VegasRick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would move the energy bars (dc8) to the bottom or mount them vertically side by side so all the cords wont be hanging over the probe modules. I had mine all neat and wire tied but it didn't stay that way long. Maintenance and pump power head replacement turned into a pain, untangling the bundles of cords. So keep that in mind. And like was said above locate the display on the outside or somewhere easy to see

Also if you are using one for lights only, mount it to the hood. Much easier to route a longer usb cable than all the light cords

Last edited:

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back