Leak test failure what next?

SeaCreature

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have small leaks on my Red Sea refer 250 sump pipes. Return pipe and primary overflow. Possibly on secondary overflow pipe also. This is my first tank (simultaneously setting up Nuvo 20). I have no plumbing experience.

Do I

1) unscrew pipes and try to reset I remember reading something in the instructions advising against unscrewing the pipes or

2) try to seal with aquarium safe silicon

3 call in a professional

Somewhat frustrated thought I followed instructions to a tee.

r

IMG_0090.JPG
IMG_0090.JPG
IMG_0090.JPG

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you narrowed down exactly where the leak is coming from? Is it leaking from the unions of the pipes(those fittings that screw together in your pics)?

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would check the fit of all connections first. If anything feels loose, address those parts first.

After that, if you're still having issues, I would call up or email Red Sea and see what they suggest. Who knows, they may send out a new set of pipes or some specific parts that may be causing the issue. The parent company is always going to know the issues most experienced with their product so take the problem to them :)

OP
OP
SeaCreature

SeaCreature

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would check the fit of all connections first. If anything feels loose, address those parts first.

After that, if you're still having issues, I would call up or email Red Sea and see what they suggest. Who knows, they may send out a new set of pipes or some specific parts that may be causing the issue. The parent company is always going to know the issues most experienced with their product so take the problem to them :)

Will do thanks

OP
OP
SeaCreature

SeaCreature

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you narrowed down exactly where the leak is coming from? Is it leaking from the unions of the pipes(those fittings that screw together in your pics)?

I thin in both cases it’s the connection from tank to pipe.

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you were able to quickly address! I was going to say, worse case scenario, Red Sea has excellent customer service and I'm sure would have helped out out with new pipes/fittings.

Back