LED Light Comparison Chart: Find your perfect light!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
LED Light Comparison Chart: Find your perfect light!

Use our handy LED comparison chart to help you find the perfect light for your reef tank—or share with a friend in need!

Downloadable PDF version: http://www.f3images.com/IMD/pdf/LED-Lighting-Chart.pdf

> CLICK HERE TO SHOP LED AQUARIUM LIGHTS <

LED-Lighting-Chart.jpg

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Great chart guys! You know what would be really neat is if you had a Par number at 24" depth or something like that to show the different intensities of the fixture's you listed.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Great chart guys! You know what would be really neat is if you had a Par number at 24" depth or something like that to show the different intensities of the fixture's you listed.

Thanks for the suggestion luke33! We would love to do something like that, but it is very difficult to accomplish. In addition to the large number of fixtures, there are a ton of variables. Additionally, PAR meters do not accurately measure the blue spectrum and the result would unfairly give an advantage to fixture with more white LED's. Where as most hobbyists would prefer more blue. Even two exact fixtures with different lens/reflectors installed (such as the EcoTech Radion with the standard lens or with the wide-angel lens) will give a very different PAR reading.

Hopefully, we have provided enough information to give most hobbyists a general direction in narrowing down their choices. If you need help selecting a fixture for your specific aquarium, we would love to hear from you! Having more information about your aquarium and the type of aquarium you are looking to achieve will help us to suggest the best lighting options for you.

zoous

View Badges
Reaction score
Where are the colors for the AI Prime?

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
how about products you don't sell, like Illumagic?

This chart was featured as a shopping aid in our 2015 Vol. 2 print catalog, so that's why it only features brands we currently carry. We just thought we'd post it online for folks that may find it useful. You are welcome to build upon this information and create a chart that is more inclusive! Now that we've heard feedback from hobbyists about it, we can incorporate some of the suggestions in our next version. :)

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Great chart!

Thank you so much! We've gotten a great response from it so far so we're going to create an updated version twice each year that features the higher end fixtures to make comparing features and specs a bit easier for hobbyists.

blaster

View Badges
Reaction score
are they all programmable? what about the controller of each~

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
are they all programmable? what about the controller of each~

They are all programmable and controllable, some on the unit itself, others from the unit itself and/or a separate controller, app or from your PC.

Which light or lights are you considering? We'd be happy to answer more questions to help you find the right light. :)

nitro

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this chart. This is one of the toughest decisions to make on a reef tank so the more data the better informed we are.
Nitro

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this chart. This is one of the toughest decisions to make on a reef tank so the more data the better informed we are.
Nitro

Thanks! We've received some great feedback and will be publishing an updated chart version in our next catalog which comes out in late October/early November. We'll try to show restraint and not post it online before that... but don't hold us to it. ;)

Lumini Aqua System

View Badges
Reaction score
They are all programmable and controllable, some on the unit itself, others from the unit itself and/or a separate controller, app or from your PC.

Which light or lights are you considering? We'd be happy to answer more questions to help you find the right light. :)
Hello Marine Depot, all the lights are awesome,:) we are pleased to say lumini aquarium lights can use Android and iOS device, PC to control too:),there's video for your reference:D:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 111 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%

Back