LED lighting opinions

ziggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have another thread going to find out how to make my new tank set up as efficient as possible. I have come to the conclusion that LED's are the way to go as far as lighting for a fish only tank.

I am wondering what everyone's experiences are with different companies LED setups? Could people post pictures of your tanks that are using just LED lighting, listing the lights used and size of tank? I am looking for an LED set up to go over a 6 foot, 180 gallon Fish Only tank at the lowest possible wattage. There is no coral to grow so I dont need lights for growing coral in there, but I want it to cover the tank and look nice!

Also, second... I was going to set up a seperate small frag tank for corals and wanted to used LEDs on that also.

So I am asking opinions on what is best for a 6 foot fish only tank, and then a small (3 foot) frag tank for coral growth? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all!

Murfman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30" deep tank. 3 units on 8' x 24". Evolution LED units. Right light is 4" and center and left are 9" from water.

Aug10LEDPAR.jpg

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some pretty cheap led panels on ebay that will light a tank just fine. They aren't going to keep much alive coral wise, maybe some zoa's and softies but they will look nice and are very efficient. They are also pretty cheap too.

Back